Thread: How To: How to create log files, please sticky this

Default How To: How to create log files, please sticky this

I noticed when I first installed Call of Warhammer that the mod didn't have loggs enabled by default. This may be because it was installed over a teutonic campaign and I never needed it for teutonic so I never forced Kingdoms to create one.

Ok this is actually easier then it sounds just a lot of writing because I am detail crazy when I give directions.

1.) Go to Call of Warhammer's root installation folder (C:\%Medieval II root%\mods\teutonic)
    2.) Open Call of Warhammer's .cfg file (Depends on what you named it back in 1.0; For me it's Warhammer.cfg)
    3.) Copy and paste the following replacing your log section:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [log]
    to=logs/warhammer.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * trace

4.) Now launch Call of Warhammer and enjoy
    5.) ...When needed, search for the newly created log in C:\%Medieval 2 root%\logs and make sure to attach it to a forum post when inquiring about CTDs

Default Re: How To: How to create log files, please sticky this

Should read
    Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    ;level = * error
    I sometimes have errors in getting the log to show when I change the path from the initial. Plus they grow to large files on occasion, you don't want multiples lying around.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I think would will be very helpful.

Thread stickied

Thx, I just won a Heroic Victory, only to have a CTD.... Again Plx fix! ok?

<log attached>

I have a problem applying changes in the text of my .ctg files. When I try to save the changes, I can only save it in .txt and I don't know how to change it for .ctg. Please help.

there is no log folder for my Call of Warhammer file, or the teutonic file, what should i do?

there is no log folder for my Call of Warhammer file, or the teutonic file, what should i do?

Hi
    I have tried to create a log file when the game Crashes (Sigma blah blah blah) but seem unable to. I am at my whits end with this. I has installed/re installed etc etc but nothing seems to work. Can someone please do a full noob guide as to how to create a error file etc please? The information is good but i'm going mad. I cannot get past the loading screen for a campaign and its driving me nuts!!!!!