Thread: Photoshop or Paint Shop?

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Photoshop or Paint Shop?

Which one is better for enhancing/modifying screen shots?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

photoshop has more stuff, but Paintshop is more user friendly.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah I agree with KoA.

I think Photoshop is better, you just need a little bit of time to get used to it.

PyrrhusIV

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusIV
    Yeah I agree with KoA.

I think Photoshop is better, you just need a little bit of time to get used to it.

PyrrhusIV
    I prefer PSP, just because its the one i tried first. Photoshop is the industry standard for a reason, but for the purposes of editing pictures its entirely a matter of preference as the same effects can be achieved in both though perhaps in different ways
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Thanks for the replies. Seeing as how this will be my first attempt to modify pictures, I'll go with Paint Shop pro.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

could i have a link to PSP or anything like that. I was going to mod the file to get rid of experience sparkles, you need something like photoshop to paint somehting all black but when i tried to open the file with the 30 day Abode Photoshop trial it would not work.

Indefinitely Banned

Paint shop, more user friendly?

When I used that I couldn't even find the pencil tool, photoshop is so easy to use.

I agree, even though I used only the 30 day trial for both, which I suggest you do. Paint shop was easier to navigate.

Here's what I suggest: Download the PSP trial first, use it for 30 days, then move on to PS, use that for 30 days. That be equivalent of 60 days of editing.

By that time, the next version of the open source GIMP should be out, and you can use that.
    Clients: Caius Britannicus, Waitcu, Spurius, BrandonM, and Tsar Stephan.
    http://www.totalwardai.com

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by General_Sun
    Here's what I suggest: Download the PSP trial first, use it for 30 days, then move on to PS, use that for 30 days. That be equivalent of 60 days of editing.

By that time, the next version of the open source GIMP should be out, and you can use that.

Or you can do like me and use photo shop 7, cs, and then cs2. 90 days of editing. I didnt like paintshop all that much..

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

GIMP 2.2 ^^

Well it's free anyway!

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

get gimp, then get the "Gimpshop pro" mod. It makes everything look like a Adobe pshop interface, but with gimp quality.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

yeah gimp is great, i installed linux on my old pc for curiosity sake and fell in love with gimp...

still use photoshop though, as i work in the print industry... dont even know of any companies that use paint shop
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Photoshop all the way.

ASINVS ASINORVM IN SAECVLA SAECVLORVM

Darth Fungus's Avatar Civis

I've been using photoshop for years to edit my photography. Its the easiest to use, and it has so damn many features its insane. Get a trial version of it, and maybe read some tutorials if you don't know what you're doing. I just picked it up and started playing around, and I taught myself how to use it. I recently purchased Photoshop CS2, and its incredible. Kind of pricey though. It cost more than both of my cameras combined. Half as much as my high end PC when I bought it, and about as much as my first car. For software, a little round disc. Makes you think about what the hell you're paying for. Whatever, I didn't pay for it.

i tried the trial version of adobe photoshop but when i tried to open a file with it it did not work, got a message saying it couldnt open the file with it.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

what was the extension of the file? You may need to download a plugin for it
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Quote Originally Posted by {nF}remix
    get gimp, then get the "Gimpshop pro" mod. It makes everything look like a Adobe pshop interface, but with gimp quality.

Where do you get gimp from? Can anyone give me a link?