Thread: the seven regional spartan units...

Default the seven regional spartan units...

the seven regional spartan units...

I have made a version of the DMB that makes the other 7 Sparta units recruitable without having to take the regions [as the coding doesn’t work for them], so that you can play with them. File attached below…
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 30, 2010 at 09:57 AM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: the seven regional spartan units...

What regional Spartan units...?

Edit: Never mind, read the post in the release thread.

Yea we got some units you can have once you conquer a region, but it seams they aren’t showing up. So people can just drag n drop this file in the mod and get them.

the units are not just copies of existing faction units, they are all individually skinned for sparta, so they are well worth adding in.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

That EDB takes Spartan Armored Hoplites off the recruitment queue.

I think at an earlier date we decided to get rid of them, as Spartans didn’t have such a unit. I think I made them before I made all the other more accurate ones, then somehow they got left in the beta then the mod.

edit; ah yes they were to be in the starting armies only.

Then that's why they still have the vanilla Armored Hoplite unit card, I assume?

Yes, originally we had a massive army to start the game at Thermopylae, I wanted plenty of different looking units for that army [they didnt need cards as they werent buildable]. Then we moved the timeframe onto a later slot, so we didn’t need the earlier roman period.

Forget that, why would I want to lose Armored Spartans?

Forget that, why would I want to lose Armored Spartans?
    You got spartiates and other units that Spartans had, in their society they didn’t have general armoured hoplites.

There are loads of such units from previous version that can be easily added in, I always leave the models and skins in the mod so people can play around a bit and get the game to their liking. There are loads of unused anims too.

You got spartiates and other units that Spartans had, in their society they didn’t have general armoured hoplites.
    You're kidding right? I mean about the not having General Armored Hoplites. Every Spartan male 15 to 50 was armored in bronze plate and that Hoplon on their arm. I think that should count as armored... lol

There are loads of such units from previous version that can be easily added in, I always leave the models and skins in the mod so people can play around a bit and get the game to their liking. There are loads of unused anims too.
    Okay, didn't know that... Very sexy dude, very sexy!

You're kidding right? I mean about the not having General Armored Hoplites. Every Spartan male 15 to 50 was armored in bronze plate and that Hoplon on their arm. I think that should count as armored...
    ha that’s not what I meant, you may have noticed that we have armoured hoplites, they are called spartiates! What I meant was that there is no need for a unit called ‘armoured hoplites’ like the other greeks have i.e. a 'general' unit by that name.

sorry for not explaining properly.

Oh okay! LMAO! I thought you meant you were going to get ride of Spartans who have armor... kinda like RTW has them (which always pissed me off).

updated op with better version of the file, some factions would not have been able to build some later buildings before. this should help balance the later game.

...if any of you play it for that long

I just tried to download it and wow I fail because somehow I messed it up and had to reinstall RTW...

I just tried to download it and wow I fail because somehow I messed it up and had to reinstall RTW...
    How did you manage that? firstly you should always make a copy of patched vanilla as backup. But if the file didn’t work for some reason then just copy another from the Sparta zip file.

What I do is rename the file I am about to overwrite as e.g. export_desc_units2 [I add a 2] then if it messes up I can just delete the new one and rename the old with ought the 2 at the end.

Look, when I mess with computers... things just fail! I don't know why, I don't know, it just goes that way.

When I want something done I have to take it to a friend or get someone to Remote Access with me.