Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Curial election commentary thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    I thought that the advisory council was taken by hex already, since those guys have already served as cdc, I fail to see the need for that ''cdc emeritus'' position.

Aside that we basically vote people in based on how we like'em not based on propositions or their stances in the matters that concern us. I think that lysi question were spot on.
    Hex members haven't necessarily served on the CdeC. Of current Hex members in the era of an elected CdeC, Garb served a couple terms, pannonian served one term, and Astaroth is on his fourth or fifth term. The other six haven't been elected as a voting member of the CdeC in the past. That's not a good or a bad thing since Hex's role on the CdeC is not strictly defined.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Be certain to check Curia Vote -- a bunch of stuff is up for a revote due to down time. Do not assume you vote hase been counted. Check to see that you have voted.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Best of luck to the current CdeC applicants. Brunch & Lunch starts promptly on th 21st. Don't be late...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

SPOONS!

Patrician

Well it will be a full slate of candidates. I suggest all citizens take part in the Curator as well as the CdeC contests. Ask questions. Read the debate threads. And most important -- VOTE!!
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

No way I can gain any votes

VP, Jared, MCM, Squid...

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Well it will be a full slate of candidates. I suggest all citizens take part in the Curator as well as the CdeC contests. Ask questions. Read the debate threads. And most important -- VOTE!!
    Indeed, already 7 candidates and we haven't even heard from the incumbents! Bad news for applicants perhaps but good news for the Curia since we're bound to get 3 solid Councilors out of this.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    The person standing in for a resigned CdeC member is Mega Tortas de Bodemloze by just one vote! Close one but it is very good to see so many newer citizens applying for these positions.
    Congrats and I agree about the new blood. He might have even gathered Harry's for that very reason. Makes me a bit of a hypocrit running for office though. Good thing the members winning a contested race have more of a mandate to act than appointed positions. At least that is what I will keep telling myself.

To Mega -- I hope you like a bit longer of a wait.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Re: Current CdeC & Curator debate threads: the intensity is definitely there. Who shall be standing when the smoke clears...
    "Getting good, getting good"... ...

To Mega -- I hope you like a bit longer of a wait.
    It's ite, no worriess...

The July 2010 "CdeC - Curator Wars", not for the faint hearted.....

Warning: Getting Vicious

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Oooo cut you deep I will, never forget what you did ....I cut your Family House Nuclear deep. Taste my hidden blade...

I am happy to announce that, should I be elected, my assistant will be none other than Legio the magnificent.
    Dunnow... But I think this is a blatent move to recieve the Ghetto vote. Sound strategy...
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; July 18, 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Edit & Grammar
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Patrician

The election results are in.

The seats of abbews, the Black Prince, and Nikos are now the seats of Viking Prince, Sqυιd, and MCM. Is this change or more of the same. Tune in next week. Same Curial time and same Curial channel.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

All hail daddy! And MCM and The adorable Penguin!

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

I'm rather excited to see MCM getting back into the TWC life. Should have some gold nuggets to share with the CdeC - I hope!

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

4th place

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Major Darling View Post
    4th place
    Well the next election cycle is starting up and those who received more votes will not be running. Of course there is the potential for an incumbant effect on the next election cycle. In any case, you cannot win if you do not enter.

Yeah, well I'm special.. So I could be asked in without applying, so ha, I win the game

Patrician

To paraphrase Orwell -- some are more special than others.

I wish the person who took my seat the best of luck for the next 3 months. I've held onto that seat for what feels like a very long time on the CdeC. Its time for someone else to give their views.

I'm sure within a week or so I'll have CdeC withdrawal symptons though...

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

try to compensate those with the always great consumptions of other parts of the TWC, it is addictive as well, more than meph might I add, but you can sleep sometime, unlike meph

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Congratulations Meg. I got beasted

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

First to have two terms since Hotspur?