Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1888

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Default Re: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Congrats m8

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Oh Bloody Hell!, I forgot to vote...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I propose a cage match between William and Hitai.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Such a pain.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Oh Bloody Hell!, I forgot to vote...
    As if by the will of the gods, you have a second chance. Cherish it like you would forbidden fruit..

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who finds it quite strange that the replacement election constitutionally lasts 1 day, which is reasonable since we need a timely substitute for the office, but that the run-off election follows the procedure for a regular run-off of a regular election and hence lasts 3 days? ^^

The irony

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Yeah by the time the elections are done the term will be almost done as well. I think it's better if allow the Curator to choose the winner in case of a tie in the replacement elections. It's not like the winner can hold the position for more than 2 weeks anyway.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Am I the only one who finds it quite strange that the replacement election constitutionally lasts 1 day, which is reasonable since we need a timely substitute for the office, but that the run-off election follows the procedure for a regular run-off of a regular election and hence lasts 3 days? ^^

The irony
    No I got that too, but what can you do.

Doctor Shuu is right, the term is only a week now.

Imagine if the winner was only supposed to serve a 1 week term.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

I wish to withdraw from the race, speed this process and give the new blood some experience

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Citizen

Blog Entries

Hitai it is. Cheers LW.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Rep the William

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    I wish to withdraw from the race, speed this process and give the new blood some experience
    Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Rep the William

Done & Done! Nobility's still alive and well here in the Curia, now Let's Eat!!!!
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Personally, I think you did Quintus a disservice. You hardly asked anything from him.
    I do not have a problem with asking question related to recent events, but it should be to ascertain pertinent information. It is not a forum for argumentative responses.
    Citizens should/ ought not vote for Quintus based on me. They should vote for Quintus because they will like what he has to say. It is sad that no one seems interested in.
    You giving lessons to another user on how to behave in the election process in which you are being assessed. This incontinence reminds me of another recent event.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Ok so you both get what the roles about. As a former Curator, I'm some what perplexed that an elected officer of the Curia ignored a Curator's ruling deliberately. Contrary to erroneous popular opinion this is a breach of the constitution.

It's also stated that a censor can become temporary Curator should a Curator resign. The Curator is elected to be a representative of all citizens and to keep things civil and in good order. The chair is the local moderator of the Curia. So my questions are this. Say the Curator resigned and either of you as censor became temporary Curator. If the other censor or any citizen ignored your ruling that they are not to post in a particular thread so that things are done correctly, would you feel undermined? What if either of you caught a few Hex in ....let's say a citizenship application thread going over the top/borderline spamming support for someone's app. Would you feel it appropriate in some contexts like this to rule that these Hex don't post in the thread, or even moderate/delete posts by Admins to ensure things are done promptly and correctly?
    I'd have to say I don't think it is a breach of the Constitution;
    No matter who carries out the tasks assigned to the Curator, the Curator is the one responsible for seeing that they are done promptly and correctly.
    Doing something the Curator asks of you is not a task that is "assigned to the Curator".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post

Doing something the Curator asks of you is not a task that is "assigned to the Curator".
    Well, if the Curator asks you to do or not do something because this is needed to carry out a task correctly, then it is.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post

The Curator is responsible for ensuring the Curia's day-to-day tasks are accomplished.
    An appeal of a disciplinary case is a task the Curator is responsible for.

No matter who carries out the tasks assigned to the Curator, the Curator is the one responsible for seeing that they are done promptly and correctly.
    You asked that the Censors recluse themselves from the appeal as being the correct thing to do in the context. The reason why this is the correct interpretation is stated in the first words in the constitution, in the preamble.

This document is not absolutely authoritative. It is a compilation of the Curia, written and approved by the Citizens, which may become outdated or contain oversights.
    The Curator has always had ultimate local moderation control of the Curia. That has even included local moderation of Hexagon members in the Curia in the past. The Curator always has control of process and has to use common sense along with the document. It's obvious common sense that when the Censors are asked not to post in an appeal of a decision they've made that they shouldn't ignore that ruling. Particularly when they had plenty of opportunities to give their opinion when they made their decision in the first place.

Really though, the whole disciplinary process needs changing, or at least, tweaking. I'm not entirely sure why the Curia can't just make the decision every time anyways. I don't get the point of the censure system and suspended citizenship. Oh someone's done this that's not citizenship worthy, let's send them a fairly pointless censure PM. Oh someone's done this, let's pointlessly suspend rank for 2 weeks - invariably with at least a few days to get the suspension sorted anyway. I don't know why we can't trust citizens to act fairly reasonable, and then simply throw them out with a classic removal of rank/ostrakon Curial vote if they go too over the top. Maybe even combine that with a rule that anyone with an active moderation point, can't have their citizenship rights until the point expires. Ostrakons always got the job done and made things interesting nay? Adds a bit of spice, some shenanigans. Lovely word that...shenanigans.

Maybe if the system was like that, the Triumvirate could be turned into having three Curator's. There's lot's of stuff to be done as Curator if I remember correctly and then you've got three meaty roles to run for, instead of one meaty role, and two roles for censuring people now and then. You could even throw in patronizing a minimum number of people per Curator post into the mix. Something like that. I'm thinking on the fly to be honest - some minor tweaks to plug loopholes would be nice at least.

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.