Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Civitate

Default Re: Curial election commentary thread

But Harry, you forget I was an abnormally awesome Curator.

I find the disrespect shown to Nikos, and now to Meg, in some circles to be annoying, and wonder if we made the right choices over the last half year in citizenship votes.
    Last edited by Каие; May 27, 2010 at 05:37 AM.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The battle for the next three CdeC seats is heating up. If you want to run -- time is running short.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Heating up between the regular councilors perhaps, but the new applicants haven't got a chance!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Names and reputations are built over time. If folks expect to fast track and be one of the big boys... ."Naaaaat" gonna happen. In terms of
    this election, if members wish to apply they should. You'd be surprised what well presented articulations can achieve...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yup, it's all about visibility. Make yourself seen to be a sensible and competent individual in the debate thread and I'm sure people will take notice of you in elections where the opposition isn't quite as tough.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Quite frankly there's a number of folks that won't vote for no shows in the debate thread. Put you'alls best foot forward and take advantage of that fact. Don't forget about the past couple of election breakdowns we did. There's new blood in there. Just look at the past two elections.

Go get your game on and get with it. Folks should be concerned about their own game anyhow. If you shine we'll {the voters} notice...

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,

Civitate

I hate it when all the candidates in the CdeC election are competent good people. On the upside, quality winners are guaranteed.

Patrician

Congradulations to the winners in the CdeC race. May you all post and vote with wild fury on each and every thread before you. To those that lost out on the very contested race -- there is always next month.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.

Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

It was an incredibly loaded field this time around and extremely hard to choose the 3 best candidates.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Patrician

There has been some talk in the CdeC election debate thread about one liners. I think what is important to the discussion in each thread is that the attributes of the candidate are discussed. What are the pluses and minuses? Has their been sufficient contribution to earn the rank? If this comes from a certain member known affectionately as Mr. Walloftext or from a series of one liners from several members does not really matter. Get the information out for each Councilor to read. Each Councilor should take a stand that make it obvious how his or her vote will be cast. The end result to be measured is whether CdeC as a council gets the job done and promotes the worthy in rank and denies the change in rank to those that need more time to contribute sufficiently.
    Last edited by Viking Prince; June 24, 2010 at 08:52 PM.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

the question about one liners was a form to demonstrate that some are not happy with what constitutes the reasoning behind who is and who is not worthy the title of citizen.

Although I do have trouble seeing the problem with one liners, the lack of verbalization of what constitutes your votes is a double edged sword. Since a strong Negative campaign serve those people no purpose.

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Hail & Congratulate our incumbent Councilors {Astaroth, Яome, and Hesus de bodemloze} on retaining their seats with overwhelming Authority.

Now to the new Kids on the Block: Please note the votes casts for noobies in correlation to votes cast for the Ancients Stalwarts. Slightly under 50%.
    Keep your vigor and spirit. The winds of change are always just a breeze away....

noobies 84/97 incumbents

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze 2434.78%Major Darling 1217.39%Hesus de bodemloze 2942.03%Raglan von Döbeln 811.59%La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham 1318.84%Astaroth 3753.62%MCM 2739.13%Яome 3144.93%Abstain 34.35%

congrats for the new old elected people may you continue your service well

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Same old shower. Congrats folks on being re-elected

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post

Hail & Congratulate our incumbent Councilors {Astaroth, Яome, and Hesus de bodemloze} on retaining their seats with overwhelming Authority.

Now to the new Kids on the Block: Please note the votes casts for noobies in correlation to votes cast for the Ancients Stalwarts. Slightly under 50%.
    Keep your vigor and spirit. The winds of change are always just a breeze away....

noobies 84/97 incumbents

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze 2434.78%Major Darling 1217.39%Hesus de bodemloze 2942.03%Raglan von Döbeln 811.59%La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham 1318.84%Astaroth 3753.62%MCM 2739.13%Яome 3144.93%Abstain 34.35%
    Do you guys recall in primary school when per cent really meant one hundred?

I'm always for putting new folks in the CdeC seats myself. I think it a necessity since we need new blood in the curia. However,having a few of the older hands on tap so they can pass down their experience and insight is also a primary concern.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    I'm always for putting new folks in the CdeC seats myself. I think it a necessity since we need new blood in the curia. However,having a few of the older hands on tap so they can pass down their experience and insight is also a primary concern.

Devoirs The Empress
    One possible solution is to have a system similar to Moderator Emeritus, where long serving Councilors can be included as non-voting members by some sort of Curial confirmation vote. This would enable Councilors to cease being active all the time and allow new folks in, but still enable them to provide perspective. There'd need to be a minimum time served, at least two terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    One possible solution is to have a system similar to Moderator Emeritus, where long serving Councilors can be included as non-voting members by some sort of Curial confirmation vote. This would enable Councilors to cease being active all the time and allow new folks in, but still enable them to provide perspective. There'd need to be a minimum time served, at least two terms.
    That sounds like something that would work, However.... with 12 members already in the fold, "How many cooks does it take to spoil the Soup?" Since you are a longstanding member you would have a much better perspective on that....

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    That sounds like something that would work, However.... with 12 members already in the fold, "How many cooks does it take to spoil the Soup?" Since you are a longstanding member you would have a much better perspective on that....
    Right, that's the key problem of course. What we could do is have members who have served X or more terms, where X is no less than 2, able to apply for a position as a 'CdeC Consultant' and list some areas of expertise. These users could be called upon by the CdeC in cases where sitting Councilors could do well with their perspective on a temporary basis, preferably in a way that doesn't add bureaucracy. For example, I may not have much experience with an area like the RPG section, and if few else on the CdeC do but another former Councilor does it would be worth calling them in for an assessment.

This could work I think, since the user would have had enough Curial confidence to be appointed and re-elected in the past. They'd also need to pass a confirmation vote to be listed as a Consultant, so they are vetted. They wouldn't have a vote so their involvement would only impact the result by way of providing a vetted perspective for consideration. And they'd only be there when called upon and only for the cases called upon for so there wouldn't be too many chefs in the kitchen on a day-to-day basis.

I thought that the advisory council was taken by hex already, since those guys have already served as cdc, I fail to see the need for that ''cdc emeritus'' position.

Aside that we basically vote people in based on how we like'em not based on propositions or their stances in the matters that concern us. I think that lysi question were spot on.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MM View Post
    I thought that the advisory council was taken by hex already, since those guys have already served as cdc, I fail to see the need for that ''cdc emeritus'' position.

Aside that we basically vote people in based on how we like'em not based on propositions or their stances in the matters that concern us. I think that lysi question were spot on.
    Well MM It just may provide a compensation role for those who have been effected by the HEX revolution.

sponsered by the noble Prisca