Content Emeritus

Default Re: Curial election commentary thread

someone explain whats going on, all i see are like eighty new cdec threads

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    We're kicking you out of the CdeC for agreeing with everyone all the time.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    Actually you should run again if indeed the original contested 3 seats need to be contested again. I do not think it necessary to void the results, but then in the real world such a rerun is the only means to give clean results once the original results are tainted. I wished that more of our politicians had enough respect for the electorate as I see with our Curator.
    Why do you think the original results have been tainted?

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Essentially, Meg assigned Heinz's resigned seat to the person who came fourth (Trax) in the election that was still running when Heinz resigned. This, in others' and my view, fell within the Curator's discretion as specified in the Constitution but there was disagreement from other members so in order to avoid protests that the election was illegitimate, Meg decided to void the whole thing and start the process anew.

This whole situation is why there is a proposal by me in the Prothalamos to codify procedure in cases such as this.

You are now up to speed. Continue to spam as before.
    Last edited by Jom; May 14, 2010 at 07:00 PM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Content Emeritus

i think meg should form shield wall and keep trax in the cdec to replace heinz. this is not the first time that a 4th place person has replaced a resigning cdec member in an election

cba to find links tho, thats for other ppl to do
    idk man lazy
    but i have fire in my heart

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    Why do you think the original results have been tainted?
    I hope that was a result of your misreading of my posts, if not -- I apologize for not being clear. I think I have supported the Curator in her decisions. I do not think anything in the vote tally was tainted.

I do think that there has been some discussion about how the vacated seat by Heinz was filled. I personally think the Curator actions were appropriate, If Meg feels the need to rerun the election -- I support her decision with that as well.

If anything this should be a reminder on how difficult it can be to make executive decisions when some will disagree with the methods or the results.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    I hope that was a result of your misreading of my posts, if not -- I apologize for not being clear. I think I have supported the Curator in her decisions. I do not think anything in the vote tally was tainted.

I do think that there has been some discussion about how the vacated seat by Heinz was filled. I personally think the Curator actions were appropriate, If Meg feels the need to rerun the election -- I support her decision with that as well.

If anything this should be a reminder on how difficult it can be to make executive decisions when some will disagree with the methods or the results.
    Right, I misinterpreted your point, sorry. Like you I don't blame Meg for any of her decisions, but I hope she'll reconsider about running the first poll again. There's obviously been some confusion, and Meg's now under the impression that people have an issue with the first one. In fact, literally no one (including Meg herself) has a problem with the 3 winners of that poll joining the CDeC.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Soren has it spot on. I don't think anyone takes issue with the complexion of Meg's decisions or her ability in that regard. It's a matter of coming to the most reasonable and agreeable solutions and nothing more.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!

What the hell is going on.

I might run again just to be a part of the confusion.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

The party is a byov (bring your own vote). The more the merrier. You might get my vote though.

Maybe I should do the same? Nope -- I think there is enough fun with the full plate that I have right now.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

i think meg should form shield wall and keep trax in the cdec to replace heinz. this is not the first time that a 4th place person has replaced a resigning cdec member in an election

cba to find links tho, thats for other ppl to do
    idk man lazy
    but i have fire in my heart
    When I resigned Rome made the decision to make the next election a four seater, admittedly it's not exactly the same situation but the solution to appoint the fourth placed person (as Heinz's resignation happened so soon after the finish) was entirely logical and pragmatic and well within the Curator's discretion.

And now for something completely different....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Content Emeritus

im with harry lime on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    When I resigned Rome made the decision to make the next election a four seater, admittedly it's not exactly the same situation but the solution to appoint the fourth placed person (as Heinz's resignation happened so soon after the finish) was entirely logical and pragmatic and well within the Curator's discretion.

And now for something completely different....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I concur.

That video was filmed about 20 minutes' walk away from my parents' place at Teddington Lock.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

I concur with the video we should have a fish fight at garb fight club so that gentlemen solves the issues as gents with fishes

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

I would just like to say, we lost a very good CdeC member because of this. Trax was more qualified then myself, and probably Leonidas the Lion, and it is a shame that he is not running again.

Sometimes, what is best for the Curia should come before what is written in the Constitution.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Why merge the votes?

Quote Originally Posted by Elzabar View Post
    I would just like to say, we lost a very good CdeC member because of this. Trax was more qualified then myself, and probably Leonidas the Lion, and it is a shame that he is not running again.

Sometimes, what is best for the Curia should come before what is written in the Constitution.
    Unfortunately, what is written in the Constitution is, by definition, what is best for the Curia. What is not best for the Curia is ignoring inconvenient clauses, although I've made it clear it over this issue that I feel that the particular clause enabled the Curator to use her discretion in the manner that she did.

Hopefully Trax will run again and will be voted in so that justice can be seen to be done.

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by The Almighty Constitution
    This document is not absolutely authoritative. It is a compilation of the Curia, written and approved by the citizens, which may become outdated or contain oversights.

I am not suggesting this should be used exceedingly. I think that the Constitution does, however, contain oversights, and in this case, they are apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by Elzabar View Post

I am not suggesting this should be used exceedingly. I think that the Constitution does, however, contain oversights, and in this case, they are apparent.
    Which is why I have an amendment on the go to iron out the proceedings in these cases