Page 76 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1888

Thread: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: Curial Election Commentary Thread

Indeed it was, closer than it seems. I'm just happy that people showed some interest this time around
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Lord William is the third person to be elected Censor, whether he's the charm is yet to be determined. Congratulations to him all the same. May his term be as eventful as the last occupant's. Speaking of which, I applied for this job on the heels of a slew of disciplinary cases and there have been none since. I feel cheated, only two weeks left and nobody has been beheaded or even befooted. Someone go do something egregious and get back to me, but don't say I told you to I hear the new Censor is a real hard ass.

I'm also going to put up the Curator application/debate threads a day early, since I might not be on tomorrow.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

So, who saves me (and the Curia) from running for Curator, anyone, please? Comon people, apply

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    Lord William is the third person to be elected Censor, whether he's the charm is yet to be determined. Congratulations to him all the same. May his term be as eventful as the last occupant's. Speaking of which, I applied for this job on the heels of a slew of disciplinary cases and there have been none since. I feel cheated, only two weeks left and nobody has been beheaded or even befooted. Someone go do something egregious and get back to me, but don't say I told you to I hear the new Censor is a real hard ass.

I'm also going to put up the Curator application/debate threads a day early, since I might not be on tomorrow.
    How do you think I feel? I had hoped to at least gouge out some eyes or something. Alas, next time.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Your both making me think I should run for Curator

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Vote for your new Curator.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Citizen

Blog Entries

Gratz to Major Darling for getting elected as Curator. Shout out to AL for all the work he has done.

(and for completing a term! )

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Congrats to the Reverend Darling on his hegemony. He's done a good job assisting throughout my term and has served the position previously, so I'm sure he will go at least a few weeks without an indictment.

As for myself, I'd have liked to do more during my term, but my schedule got all muddied up about a month earlier than anticipated, which put an end to my delusions of grandeur and plans to remodel the Politia bathrooms. At the very least I hope I've infused a bit of levity into what is traditionally a pretty stuffy position, and perhaps if the reform initiatives ever pick up the pace the same will be done for the Constitution and Curia as a whole. Or more likely we'll be back here in a year's time grumbling about the same things in the finest curial tradition.

Blog Entries

Thanks AL and his CA's for their splendid service and congrats to Humpey for winning the election

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Well done to Leo on being returned to the office of Magistrate.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

I think he has a thing for wearing those fancy robes and wigs - well done Leo - becoming as much as a fixture in this as you were at the CdeC!

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

how long does a censors term go? Is it a good duty to have?

Same as other terms, 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    3 months. You get to judge referrals. They're fairly rare.

Citizen

Blog Entries

It is pretty much sitting round and then suddenly you'll have a load of referrals come through.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

4 months, I started early september and my term ends dec. 29

depends by what you mean as good, but if your wondering if we get busy than the answer is yes. I've been a censor for about a month and have already had 4-5 cases, of course there are the slow times as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    3 months. You get to judge referrals. They're fairly rare.
    you were just unlucky m8, they all came to me aka the hard ass

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

hi i have a question for voters, because i feel like it. When you choose which candidate you vote for in an election you first will see who has applied. Then you will conbsiously make a choice(before reading anything more, that is something we all do) then you read the debate thread, how often do you find that your choice is changed after reading the debate, and how often do you keep your first assumption?

Given the nature of this website, I suspect that I lot of people vote based on like- ability, than on any person's philosophical beliefs similar to your own.
    Plus, if have a preconceived idea on how you would vote, it would take a lot to convince you to vote against your first impression. (subject to my first statement).

Personally, I do not. I do read what people say both in the debate and what they have said in similar/ relevant threads. Then again, I do not have any negative feeling towards anyone regardless on how often or little we agree or disagree.

DISCLAIMER: I am making a generalization on an impression and I do not have any one in particular in mind in my comments. It is based solely on the observed pettiness that are too common in this forum. There is nothing I would like to read better than to be completely wrong.

Blog Entries

Depends.

When there's a new candidate, who has never run and who's ideas are unknown to me, then it's really up to how the debate develops.

If only curial regulars run, I regularly know their opinion and point of view and hence know whom to vote for or not. It is very rare that those applicants surprise me with a post in the debate thread.

All in all, it's not liking, it's opinion, point of view and whether or not I judge somebody would be able to reason (I have voted for people who I personally despise because of their abilities - and also the other way round).

Edit:

DISCLAIMER (good idea Pike ^^)
    Please take note that the above refers only to my personal opinion and does not in any way reflect on the real abilities of applicants.
    Last edited by Aikanár; October 06, 2014 at 09:00 AM.

hi i have a question for voters, because i feel like it. When you choose which candidate you vote for in an election you first will see who has applied. Then you will conbsiously make a choice(before reading anything more, that is something we all do) then you read the debate thread, how often do you find that your choice is changed after reading the debate, and how often do you keep your first assumption?
    It's happened a lot in my case and it might happen even now (I never vote for myself)