Thread: Changing the firing angle of cannons to allow them fire over obstacles.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Changing the firing angle of cannons to allow them fire over obstacles.

Tutorial Purpose – To allow Cannons to fire over obstacles, like howitzers.

As with most of the tutorials I have written, I am writing this because I have been asked how it I have achieved it in one of my mods.

First and foremost, you will need basic familiarization with the PFM and creating a mod. Please refer to this excellent tutorial for that by Erasmus. Please +rep him for his efforts.

All cannons fire a projectile 'shot' type. For instance, a 6lber cannon fires a cannon_6_pounder_shot, that is the type of projectiles for the cannons we are looking to edit.

Let’s use the cannon_6_pounder_shot row as the example.

1) Open the projectiles_tables file, find cannon_6_pounder_shot

2) Find the value Shrapnel Type, now find the value directly to the RIGHT of it, it is an unknown value.

3) Change the value to shell_spin

4) Now find third value to the RIGHT is also an unknown value, change it to fixed.

5) Now, find the second value to the RIGHT. It is also an unknown value. Change it to 100

6) Six values over to the RIGHT has a value of effective_range_based. Change it to high.

7) The next value over to the RIGHT change to medium.

You are done. Your cannons will now fire over obstacles, just like howitzers.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Hawkeye74's Avatar Tiro
    Based in Indonesia originally from Scotland East Coast

Default Re: Changing the firing angle of cannons to allow them fire over obstacles.

I really would like to implement this but I can see no value "shrapnel type" in the projectile tables.

maybe I should work back from #6?
    Ships! I see no ships!