Thread: loading save games crashes the game

Default loading save games crashes the game

Well everything ran smooth until I decided to tweak the export_descr_buildings.txt file. I only changed some of the appachean law and happiness bonus giving buildings (I changed happines_bonus 1 to 3 and thesame for law bonus at 2-3 buildings). Mainly because of the distance penalty.

After that The game ran normally but when I tried to load a game it went to the load screen and then closed due to an unexpected error. So I put my backup of the export_descr_buildings.txt back and reloaded the game... thesame thing happened. Any idear why? And how I can fix it? I enclosed the system.log.txt file.

Thanks in advance.

I reinstalled expanded americas and I still have the problem, I have all 4 kingdom expansions unpacked and I also put in the display thing, I really have no idear how to fix it. new games load fine, but I only tested that in the first turn. Maybe later units or buildings cause the crash?
    Last edited by Rexmundi; April 13, 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Default Re: loading save games crashes the game

Can't see anything in the log that suggests a problem. Save games wont usually work after editing export files, or across different versions. After reinstalling did you apply the latest patch and hotfixes? Are you saying you cant load a saved game from a new campaign in you most recent install?

I installed the 2 parts but no patch nor fix... both threads didn't say they were necesary unlesh you had specific problems. And my problems didn't look like the ones in those threads. Neither did the download & instal page say anything about having to install them (unless I overlooked it)

I'm currently reinstalling med2 and then I'll install expanded americas again and see what happens.

I have to say edditting export files like the buildings one hardly give a problem and if it does it should dissapear if you replace the changed one with the backup.

So the only reason I can come up with is that perhaps old mod files are causing the crash. Anyway, I'll be reinstalling and then I'll see if i can load the saved games (I backed those up).

Í wonder though, what is the correct order of instal for expanded americas 3.0?

Thanks for your reply btw.

Part 1 first, then part 2. If you use the alt part 1 you dont need the 3.1 patch, if not then use it. Then apply the Wardog hotfix and the Newfoundland fix.

Ok, I installed it in that order. nefore I did run some tests and it appears as if you were right about altering an export file after you already started a game. new games won't crash but old ones will, even if you reset the changes. With some mods it does work though, which makes me wonder why not with expanded.. ah well doesn't matter, I jsut can't alter things during the game

Thanks for the help!