Thread: Gridlock.

Default Gridlock.

Hmm...this is a fun question. I'm playing as GB. I've taken over from Portugal to Paris to Amsterdam. Now I'm stuck because all of Europe is under a colossal Alliance. I can't instigate a conflict on any of them because there's 10 other nation who will join against me, with stacks of armies.

Right now, I've set up ambushes and staged armies to block every possible route into my land. Also a couple of armies in ambush position ready to attack some cities. What to do now?

Not sure how to make them attack me.

Edit: My allies are extremely well established. Each have at least 10 stack in Central Europe, and they're all camped across my border. I have a 400k treasury surplus and making 29k a turn. Should I crank out 20 more stack and go Blitzkrieg? Or....
    Last edited by Yin; April 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM.

Default Re: Gridlock.

I say go Blitzkrieg

Make sure you protect your borders with a few armies scattered and then march your main army into one country to take it. I would take one country at a time.

I have a question though, do your allies actually help you? Because I just started a Russian Campaign for the Coalition and im in late 1805. I'm making moves against the French yet my Prussian and Austrian allies do absolutely nothing.

You could also make use of the cash, try and break apart the alliances, or at least isolate a country or two, when you eventually go on the offence, grab a protectorate or five, so you have some self sustaining buffer towards the eastern europe.

Regarding allies, yeah, they help - sometimes, when they feel like it more or less. When I finally dug into the french on my russian campaign, I had large number of protectorates, most of them with more than a full stack of troops, and only a single province each. Prussia was gone (I beat them) and Austria was taking a beating from Napoleon, Austria did nothing but rebuild in their few remaining provinces, but the protectorates almost all sent armies, and Saxony was even able to capture a province.

No, my allies did nothing. I had to maintained the blockade on the Atlantic and push South from the English channel and at the same time push East from Madrid. Prussia had a huge army but they were bogged down with a war against the Dutch and their march stopped at Amsterdam.

I think if the French had left me alone in Normandie at in the game, they would've got enough force to steamroll Prussia, but yeah they attacked and lost like 10 full stacks to my ambushes.

Thanks for the tips, I placed embargoes and broke up the alliance. Then I blitzed every Prussian held region.
    Last edited by Yin; April 13, 2010 at 12:17 AM.