Thread: Musicians on Battlefield

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Musicians on Battlefield

How to make make it so that a a certain unit plays a sound then they are moving.

Because i have the 'drumerboy' person but he doesn't actually do anything apart from acting as a meat shield. I guess it would be similar to the footsteps but i have no idea how to do it.

Also does anyone know where i could find good quality sound effects. I'm looking specifically for Snare drums, Trumpets or similar brass and Musket gun fire.

Got a second question aswell..
    None of my units have a response so you click on them and they have nothing to say. I'm sure i can get some recordings but how do i fit them into the game

Default Re: Musicians on Battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by Voodo chile View Post
    How to make make it so that a a certain unit plays a sound then they are moving.

Because i have the 'drumerboy' person but he doesn't actually do anything apart from acting as a meat shield. I guess it would be similar to the footsteps but i have no idea how to do it.
    I think it's not possible.

Also does anyone know where i could find good quality sound effects. I'm looking specifically for Snare drums, Trumpets or similar brass and Musket gun fire.
    Download an ETW or NTW music-mod.

Got a second question aswell..
    None of my units have a response so you click on them and they have nothing to say. I'm sure i can get some recordings but how do i fit them into the game
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt

If you open up the vanilla file, you'll see how things are organised in there. Here's a tutorial too: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=74401

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Default Re: Musicians on Battlefield

It's possible NOW
    You have to edit the skeleton. Open it up using the skeleton cracker tool so you can edit the sound trigger. Then just add a sound trigger to the drummer boy when he's marching or when he's going stand-to-march. However, I cannot confirm the length of the sound can be played. Most likely it shouldn't be longer than the length of the animation loop otherwise they might overlap.