Thread: Clash of Titans (Emperor vs. Horus) Why?

Default Clash of Titans (Emperor vs. Horus) Why?

I'm wondering, as I'm fuzzy on one little detail, I'm familar with the Horus Heresy and find it a fascinating subject. Here's my question, why did the Emperor teleport onto the Vengeful Spirit? Was he aware that reinforcements were on the way? I mean most sources I read on the Horus Heresy makes it seem that victory was inevitable for the loyalists because Horus wasted too much time. If the Emperor was gonna win by default, why risk everything in such a daring assault?

Was he aware the Ultramarines were arriving with reinforcements or did he not know?

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Clash of Titans (Emperor vs. Horus) Why?

Well, I won't go off the books, but my own personal thoughts.

The Emperor kinda realized finally that Horus did in turn betray him, because he fought it for so long...he was blinded by his faith in his son and basically figured that he could confront Horus and turn him back to the light of the Emperor and well...that didn't go over well.

While victory was soon at hand for the Loyalist, yes...the Emperor was still so shocked from his son betraying him that he went to confront him and ya know what happen.

Horus blocked all communications - Terra wasn't aware Dark Angels and Space Wolves were going to arrive in a few days.

1. The Emperor didn't know reinforcements were coming.

2. His teleport assault was meant to confront his wayward son one last time to try to reason with him rather than kill him. Only when he saw first hand what Horus had become did he become determined to make the killing blow.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithie View Post
    1. The Emperor didn't know reinforcements were coming.

2. His teleport assault was meant to confront his wayward son one last time to try to reason with him rather than kill him. Only when he saw first hand what Horus had become did he become determined to make the killing blow.
    3. and he saw Sanguinus dead under horus

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.