Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Redundant] Advertise your historical fiction... with a banner!

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

Default [Redundant] Advertise your historical fiction... with a banner!

We are proud and happy to introduce a most excellent Banner Maker: Katsumoto!

In the course of an author's life, one must have advertisement for one's work!

Katsumoto works diligently toward the creation of small banners that might fit into your profile.

Submit your banner and signature requests to Katsumoto here, or send him a P.M.

Here are two examples of his excellent and developed work:

I. For his own Red Riders story:

II. For my own Et in terra pax story:

Now, aren't those nice? Katsumoto surely accepts all requests for banners, as long as you know what you want, are specific in your instructions, and are polite!

----

Instructions, for those who require them:

1. Once you have received your banner from Katsumoto and saved it, you can simply upload it to a site such as http://imageshack.us/ or http://photobucket.com/.

2. When this is done, you must use the proper upload-link provided by the image upload site (called [IMG]) and paste that link into your signature for all to see (using the "Edit Signature" option under "My Account" on T.W.C.). That image of your banner will now be there for all to see!

There is a third step for those of you who wish people to be able to click your banner and be taken directly to your story:

3. Firstly, you must copy the web link/address of your fiction story from Historical Fiction.

Secondly, you have to select your new Banner by left-clicking it (again in the "Edit Signature" area of your account), then clicking this icon: , and pasting your story's link/address into the box that comes up.

If you follow these simple steps properly, you should have a workable advertisement in the form of a banner!
    Last edited by Monarchist; April 11, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
    "Pauci viri sapientiae student."
    Cicero

Default Re: Advertise your historical fiction... with a banner!

I want one for my story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man
    obviously I'm a large angry black woman and you're a hot blonde!

Offensive Bias's Avatar Tiro

Hmm, if you really want to, I would like to request a Roman styled banner. If possible, focusing on the Legionaries. I'm not fussy as to what it looks like, thank you!

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Will do, Kaitsar you'll need to be a little bit more specific if you want me to make you one.

EDIT: I've done yours OB, I know there aren't any legionnaires but I thought this looked pretty good, let me know if you want a legion one instead:

Last edited by Katsumoto; April 12, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Will do, Kaitsar you'll need to be a little bit more specific if you want me to make you one.
    For my anatolian sun story thing, perhaps a sunset w/ troops of the time period in the foreground? I'm not as excellent at making sigs as you are so do whatever you think would look best with it.

That is excellent, the red is the perfect shade, and the background of marble gives it the correct feel. Thank you, heartily!

If you could do one for Troy that'd be great man. I don't really have any ideas in mind, so if you can't think of one then just writing 'Troy' on a background like you've done for the Red Riders is fine with me. Cheers mate

Will do fellas.

EDIT: How's this Kaitsar? I know there aren't any troops but I was going to get some silhouttes and put them in but I couldn't find any medieval/Byzantine silhoutte pictures. If you don't like it I can try something else.

Is this good Aenima?:

If you want anything changed guys just say and I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Katsumoto; April 12, 2010 at 03:20 PM.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Thanks katsu!

That's fantastic man, thanks a lot. +Rep

Hey again ^.^

I always work on multiple things at once. And I am also writing a WW1 story, covering the entirety of the war, every major event and every theatre. The part I am writing now is the Western Front. And I would appreciate it if you could perhaps conjure up a magical banner that captures the feel of the "War to End All Wars."

If you wait a while you can get a much better banner from the other guys in the Graphics Workshop because currently there's WW1 graphics competition so after that's over I'm sure if you ask nicely one of the guys will put the title of your story on there and it'll be much better than anything I can conjure up.

Here are the entries:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=350848

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I would like a new banner for my story. It's called "The Golden Line". It's western/goldrush themed. Could you make one Katsu?

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

For sure, is there any particular pic you want me to use?

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Some pics:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

or anything related you can find!

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

EDIT: No worries for my request, I got it sorted.
    Last edited by Aenima; May 17, 2010 at 05:46 PM.

Hey, could you make one for me?

Of course, just tell me what you want.

Hobbes sorry about the delay, I've been a bit busy but I'll have your banner done later today.

I really don't care much.

Monarchist's Avatar Civitate

That is really very unfair to Katsumoto, Vespasian. You can't ask for a signature to represent your story, then say that you don't much care what it looks like! I find that quite rude, especially since he is willing to go through the effort of making it.
    "Pauci viri sapientiae student."
    Cicero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast