Thread: 4.1 patch

Default 4.1 patch

can someone show me the link to patch 4.1 please

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 4.1 patch

your looking for patch 4.2 mate, the new one

(unless you already know this, and are looking for it for modding reasons or otherwise- if this is the case, you should pm one of the admins, probably dave, to ask him to re- upload it; but there better be a good reason)
    Last edited by Magefsx; April 11, 2010 at 05:30 PM.

I have used the 4.2 patch and it seems to prevent me modifying the rosta of troops in my armoury etc. Could just be me be pants at editing the right file.

You can modify the EDB as easily in 4.2 as you could in 4.1can you be more specific in what your difficulty is, what is happening, what you cant do exactly

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

I'm copying and pasting for example heavy bill men in to the town guard list but when I start a new campaign it does not show in the rosta. Even when I change the existing information such as number of troops that initial appear when first built and number produced in each round e.g. archer militia in city watch usually is something like 1 0.4 2 0 and I change it to 1 2 8 0 but when I start up a new campaign after saving the file file it does not show 2 initial troops and a maximum of 8 being able to be produced until the maximum is met.

May sound silly but what operating system are you using on ya pc??Seems very strange as there is nothing different in game tech of 4.1 to 4.2 so there is NO difference between making changes 0. The units your putting into the building list they are given to the faction yes egthe brackets behind the unit will say scotland etc if thats the faction your giving them to at this level ?

Sorry really struggling to see whats wrong as again nothing has changed in regards to how the game reads its files if you modify it right it reads it i ask what op your using as if its vista or win7 then you may need to check that the EDB of the main game is not one of the core files the game hides because if it is it will never read the EDB in the data file of KGCM.

Attach your modified edb here use a marker to show which units you have changed you may have made some small mistake because again for HHB i have modified the EDB with 0 problems as i did for 4.1 for 4.0 3.9 etc etc .

operating system xpAttachment 83878
    this has an armoured knight and armoured sergeants under the garrison quarters list but when saved and a new campaign started they are not in the garrison quarters list of troops.

Ok ill have a look at it tomorrow as i just downloaded it and see if i can see any problems with it (although obviously no major error with it as it doesnt crash so i am interested why it wont read the changes.

cheers

which of these units dont appear as i dont see armoured knights or armoured seargents listed in the garrision quarters.

material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    garrison_quarters
    }
    }
    garrison_quarters castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Welsh Skirmishers" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { wales, }
    recruit_pool "Gwent Raiders" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { wales, }
    recruit_pool "Billmen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Norse Swordsmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, }
    recruit_pool "Estonian Rebels" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "Levy Spearmen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { england, }
    recruit_pool "Templar Sergeant" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Highland Pikemen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { scotland, }
    recruit_pool "Highlanders" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { scotland, }
    recruit_pool "Sergeant Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { france, hre, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, }
    recruit_pool "Croat Axemen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Order Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "Cliathairi" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { ireland, }
    recruit_pool "Hospitaller Sergeant" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { antioch, }
    recruit_pool "Viking Raiders" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { denmark, norway, }
    recruit_pool "Javelinmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { spain, }
    recruit_pool "Lusitanian Javelinmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Sudovian Tribesmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "Woodsmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { poland, russia, }
    recruit_pool "Slav Levies" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { hungary, }
    recruit_pool "Byzantine Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Nubian Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Dismounted Ghulams" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { egypt, }
    recruit_pool "Ahdath" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "Turkish Javelinmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "ME Levy Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    recruit_pool "Afghan Javelinmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "Berber Spearmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Kurdish Javelinmen" 1 0.34 2 0 requires factions { egypt, }
    recruit_pool "Canons of the Holy Sepulcher" 0 0.1 0.999 0 requires factions { antioch, }
    recruit_pool "Peasants" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { england, france, hre, teutonic_order, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, ireland, norway, wales, }
    recruit_pool "Tripolitan Squires" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { jerusalem, }
    recruit_pool "Highland Rabble" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { scotland, }
    recruit_pool "Edessan Squires" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { antioch, }
    recruit_pool "Southern Peasants" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { sicily, byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "EE Peasants" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "ME Peasants" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, mongols, timurids, }
    recruit_pool "Armored Swordsmen" 1 0.4 2 0 requires factions { england, }
    }

Sorry wrong file It should have been armoured sergeants that should be in the garrison quatersAttachment 83890. I have just tried on the file I originally sent you to see if I could get an Armoured Swordsman to be recruited every round but it still recruits only every 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by scatode View Post
    can someone show me the link to patch 4.1 please
    Why do you look for the dead among the living? I always wonder why people want to try and resurrect old patches LOL.