Thread: Is it possible? Russian edit.

Default Is it possible? Russian edit.

I basically want to put my Russian foot into a more winter outfit. The classic grey greatcoat. I've heard that its quite simple to do but the tutorials confuse me a little. How does the new pfm work? and how easy would it be to reskin it from green to grey?

Pics of what i'm after.

Default Re: Is it possible? Russian edit.

the only great coat in the game is worn by prussian landwehr, it is blue and it isn't long enough.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

there must be a napoleon greatcoat, grey. so you can use it, anyway all greatcoat are in variantmodels.pack/variantmodels/unitsparts/euro/torsos/g_**** and g_f01******** what you have to do?
    in pfm open the unit_variant files of unit you want to add greatcoat, and change torsos strings (mesh and textures) with the ones of g_*********** you chose. then you must add such g_f in all russia atlas files, colour_mask diffuse gloss normal.
    then you must add texture in all dds, exactly in same coordinates you add in atlas (it is called atlas because it is only an atlas of the related dds texture)
    then to have the colour you want, see colour_mask, the parts in red are the one you must tell in the R1 G1 and B1 columns in uniform_to_faction_colour you want in grey. so put the RGB values for grey in such columns.
    the most annoyng work is to edit the textures.
    changing atlas and unit_variants now with PFM developed by Erasmus777 is a joke. So please give him some +rep
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Hey, just to let you know, my mod Beales Bridage has done this, and Napoleon Order of War, I simply gave the Russian Musketeers the coats of Russian Opolchines (Russian Militia) since the are a dark greeny grey, it looks great!

I did the same for the Prussian Musketeers!

Last edited by Invictus XII; April 18, 2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

the above textures are custom. i did not find them in the pack files. the one below, with the lighter blue color is the default greatcoat. but for russians, it isn't long enough. russian great coats reached mid shin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    Hey, just to let you know, my mod Beales Bridage has done this, and Napoleon Order of War, I simply gave the Russian Musketeers the coats of Russian Opolchines (Russian Militia) since the are a dark greeny grey, it looks great!

I did the same for the Prussian Musketeers!

Tbh, them russians are what im looking for, just want all of them to have long coats and to be grey :/ Is that possible?

i think it may be possible to reskin, but without a model exporter/importer, you cannot change the models. the longest great coat in the game is probably napoleon's, but i can't get it to work on any other model besides napoleon's without texture errors, and even then, it's only knee length.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

did you try with colour_mask editing, if you set all black the area for the greatcoat it will not be coloured and will have only colours as in diffuse. set in diffuse gray and its done.
    Originally Posted by Marshal Beale
    hence you have to edit only unit_variant files accordling to MarshalBeal above post, and set colour_mask area for great coat all black, dds diffuse is as default faded gray and maybe you have not to edit it.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -