Thread: changing the mod

tium's Avatar Miles

Default changing the mod

How do I change the mod to take out the need to have war council menbers in the city to allow recruitment of advanced troops? Because its the only feature I hate in this mod.

And please tell me if im posting in the wrong mod forum, cant remenber if it was a rr/rc feature or a BGR feature.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: changing the mod

Quote Originally Posted by tium View Post
    How do I change the mod to take out the need to have war council menbers in the city to allow recruitment of advanced troops? Because its the only feature I hate in this mod.

And please tell me if im posting in the wrong mod forum, cant remenber if it was a rr/rc feature or a BGR feature.
    Look in the BGR thread under optional extras for Optional BGRIV Feudal Only Code Change.

That should make your game considerably easier. It works by preventing your faction progressing out of a basic feudal system into a more advanced centralised system.

As a result:
    Everyone will have War Council ability and wont need professional trainers to recruit (War Councillors may need them, not sure)

a lot of the laws will not be passed, therefore the criminal punishment system will be largely redundant except for debtors, which will also mean generals will be less likely attempt or cause rebellions, which in turn means the Leader's "grip on power" features will be less likely.

you wont get or need some of the junior War Council Rank features as this rank will be redundant.

the leader will tax any settlement he governs a little less

the distance to capital recruitment restriction is lifted for unranked generals

generals will be less corrupt

the Scutage Tax option will be disabled as this kicks in once the right to knight becomes restricted
    Last edited by Byg; April 11, 2010 at 05:34 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

tium's Avatar Miles

hum, not exactly what I had in mind but I guess its good enough, thanks.

tium's Avatar Miles

ok, so I have 6.2 already installed, what version of rr/rc should I dowload?