Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traits and Ancillaries

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Default Re: Traits and Ancillaries

Quote Originally Posted by Carcaju View Post
    Nice point! But so you guys know, you can change the bonus as you like I was just giving the idea
    I don't know if it'll be good to mix diffrent mythologies;
    that way the game will look like age of mythology
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

Stephan's Avatar Campidoctor

its only the ancilliaries, a few mythological ones wont hurt. if you are not interested just dont look at them. you can play an entire game without them, they are not really important for the game

Yes, I know that Ishtar is spelled wrong

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

I agree with Stephan, a few mythology won't hurt and it fits very well the era. And tbh most of the time i barely have a look at my traits/ancillaries, when in the frenzy of playing
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

i think traits and ancillaries should be more important, to such an extent that a really well groomed general could "make" your campaign. though relic sets like the Achiles armour should be rare and hard to collect, rather unlikely to appear each campaign.
    you could cut down on the amount of traits and ancillaries available, making those achieved all the more important. perhaps you could aim to make the characters somewhat more 2 dimensional, that they bee mainly a warrior, builder, governor etc. specialized characters like this would also leave a bigger impact when they die.
    with the right set of characters one could have ones realm expand tremendously, just to see it falter during the next generation.
    educational buildings in the largest cities could help set important characters on the right path.

i am quite bored with the way the M2TW characters gathers a heap of traits and ancillaries until they all become indistinguishable.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sċ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grĉd Enker og der grĉd Bĝrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ĝrn.
    Anders Sĝrensen Vedel

is it possible that when a general dies in battle that some of his ancilliaries come to the winners general? there could be a hunt for the important ancilliaries. i can imagine wars being fought just for eg archilles armour

Venia's Avatar Auxilium meum a Domino

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    is it possible that when a general dies in battle that some of his ancilliaries come to the winners general? there could be a hunt for the important ancilliaries. i can imagine wars being fought just for eg archilles armour
    Yes it's possible, a tatw submod did it.
    But I don't think it is possible to change the AI so it goes after the ancs.
    SOI skinner/video maker/moderator
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496,

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

+1 with absinthia. Having specialized leaders is good because this way you have to manage them carefully. This one will lead my armies, this one i put in my main city etc. And i agree that i prefer to get a few yet clear and usefull traits/ancillaries than a cheer number of traits that i will never read at all because they are just too numerous.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

trait
    Name: Religious Fanat
    Description: For this person there is nothing more important on earth than his religion, and he is ready to do everything to protect it.
    Factions: every faction
    Effect/Bonus: + 4 piety, -10% cost for building religious buildings
    Trigger: having high level religious buildings in his city
    Comments: Can be lost if spending to much time in areas with less state religion precentage

Name: Hated by Jews
    Description: this man is belived by Jews to be dammed for ever, and second in his evil only to the Satan
    Factions: Assyria or Babylon
    Effect/Bonus: +2 unrest for Jews in the empire, +2 dread
    Trigger: Conquest and destruction of both Judea and israel
    Comments: trasmissible from father to son

ancillery
    Name: Great prophet
    Description: if this man was chosen to be followed by the great prophet, he must be worth it
    Factions: all factions
    Effect/Bonus: +2 piety, +2 popularity, +1 command, -10% tax income
    Trigger: By conquering and converting non state religion lands
    Comments: In each faction only one general can have this ancillary at a time
    Images (if possible): how about that one(maby it has copyright issues it is from Civilization IV game):

or that:

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Name: Nehushtan
    Description:The Nehushtan was a sacred object in the form of a copper snake above a pole. It was the staff of Moses. The Torah says that Moses used a 'fiery serpent' to cure the Israelites from snake bites.

Book of Numbers:

Then the LORD sent poisonous serpents among the people, and they bit the people, so that many Israelites died. The people came to Moses and said, "We have sinned by speaking against the LORD and against you; pray to the LORD to take away the serpents from us." So Moses prayed for the people. And the LORD said to Moses, "Make a poisonous serpent, and set it on a pole; and everyone who is bitten shall look at it and live." So Moses made a serpent of bronze, and put it upon a pole; and whenever a serpent bit someone, that person would look at the serpent of bronze and live.

Factions: Israel & Judah.
    Effect/Bonus: +10% to public health when wielder is governor of a settlement. Perhaps another trait to help the general recover his bodyguard.
    Trigger: Random loot from the land of Canaan.
    Comments: None, I can't think of any.

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

i like it more
    than the
    CIV 4 picture
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Name: Hated by Jews
    Description: this man is belived by Jews to be dammed for ever, and second in his evil only to the Satan
    Factions: Assyria or Babylon
    Effect/Bonus: +2 unrest for Jews in the empire, +2 dread
    Trigger: Conquest and destruction of both Judea and israel
    Comments: trasmissible from father to son

in our age the other pepole dont think like this becuase their wasnt any Anti-Semitic.

1.In all history, Jews were hated.
    2.you didnt quite undarstand me, if somone hated by Jews it means Jews hate him! not him hating Jews!

Quote Originally Posted by ronm100 View Post
    1.In all history, Jews were hated.
    That's not true.

That's not true.
    this why it cant to be trait

you dont understand
    hated BY jews
    jews hate him, because he conquered a lot of jewish land or killed a lot of jewish soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    you dont understand
    hated BY jews
    jews hate him, because he conquered a lot of jewish land or killed a lot of jewish soldiers
    FINALLY somone who understands thank you!

and ataturk, if this really intersts you, you should read some book about jewish history in Babylon and Assyria, belive me there were antisemitic people in this time
    Even in the bible it sais that Paraoh hated jews(He thought they were traitors) and then he enslaved them

Quote Originally Posted by ronm100 View Post
    and ataturk, if this really intersts you, you should read some book about jewish history in Babylon and Assyria, belive me there were antisemitic people in this time
    I am actually; 'An Introduction to the Old Testament' and 'The History of Israel'.

here is a little preview, because you helped us so much with your ideas. however, dont stop posting them, we still need a lot more

here is also the tempalte we use for every ancilliary. so if its not too difficult, copy your picture into this template, it would save us a lot of time

Frankly, i think another template should be used. While fitting, it sometimes makes it unecessary hard to recognize something.

what would you suggest?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast