Thread: Sqaures

Bobby the Huntsman's Avatar Civis

Default Sqaures

Has anyone else noticed that when a unit is formed into square it's range seems to increase for some strange reason? If you dont believe me i am sure you will discover it, try it out yourself.

Default Re: Sqaures

The front line is crouching.

Crouching=better aim=longer range.

Primicerius

It sure seems that way. My squares appear to shoot at enemy cavalry that would be out of range if the infantry was in regular line formation.

I've noticed as well. its very weird, but it dosent bother me too much, since any unit in square formation is bound to get destroyed by a regular line unit anyway.

it is kind of annoying when they shoot and kill my retreating cavalry when its way beyond range though

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

i feel a tactic coming on

Bobby the Huntsman's Avatar Civis

i have played alot of noobs who instead of forming a line, form a line....of squares, totaly useless.

Civis

Yes line inf in squares has a range of 120. Its in ridiculous. I dont know if this is because the cavalry is an easier target the men are more willing to fire long range when deployed in an anti cav formation or what but its a bit silly if u ask me.

I've noticed it too.It's worse than useless during the main engagement,but I actually find it very useful for forcing campers (especially non-125 nations like france and spain) to actually move for once.

Also,is it just me or does square increase melee effectiveness as well?It certainly helps against hammer and anvil attacks and any flanking,but I once had a foot unit that held up against 3 Cemat Jennaseries while in square.
    The above post has been officially approved of awesomeness