Thread: Sieges

Default Sieges

Hello,

First of all i want to congratulate the bc team for this great mod, thanks for developing a mod that doesn't needs Kingdoms. The only problem i have had so far is during the sieges, i really enjoy to assault castles and all that but sometimes is a bit frustrating to try to assault a settlement just to see(right now i am having a campaign with the Malikate of Sindhi)ur Indian Swordsmen or Somro Kshatriya(sp) Warriors being slaughtered by the levy javalineers or some other lesser spearmen, i really don't know what to do. By the way, this is not a complain is just a question i would like to know if theres something wrong im doing, im not using ladders i always use siege towers.

Regards

Default Re: Sieges

Try attacking from several directions at once? It's a bit more of a hassle in terms of micromanagement, but they can't defend in every direction

There are also one or two slightly underhanded ways of seizing a city. I once captured a city that was defended by a whole stack of rebels, using only two units of Akolouthi and a General's Bodyguard

Well, when I played a campaign with the Ayyubids I had those 2handed axeman, not the mamluk ones getting slaughterd by levy spearmen on the walls.
    Some of their animation was broken, the one when they lift their 2handed axes above their heads to chop wood but in this case spearmen did not work.
    Those spearmen slaughterd over 60-70% of my axemen. And BC players know how strong those axemen are.
    But the rebels I attacked was a small town, the levy spearmen barely had room to stand on the wall and I assaulted with two axemen units.
    No room for animation because ... there was no room on the wall?
    Maybe this is the reason why your loosing wall battles?
    Also, the battlefield movement on large/huge scale is really bugged.
    Sig made by me, content from Broken Crescent.

thanks arasham and tintin for ur answers i think there might be some problem, i have tried some other mods and i was able to assault castles properly even when fighting on the walls with units with similar stats, but i love this mod is really difficult so thats why i like it. But its sad like Tintin said to see ur Taqla axemen or even ur Mamluk axemen slaughtered by lesser spearmen, but well i think the best way to assault a castle is just open the damn doors!hahaha and fight inside im going to try that though lets see how it works, but damn it still bothers me how some really bad units slaughtered my swordsmen!hahaha but well lets see how my sindhi campaign goes really with that faction u are in a big hotspot! hope to hear from more people about their siege experiences though