Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: The BBVA Primera División/La Liga Thread

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Default Re: The BBVA Primera División/La Liga Thread

Rumour has it that Barca and Valencia have agreed to a deal for David Villa.

Just imagine what a god like Villa could do along side Messi...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Quote Originally Posted by therussian View Post
    Rumour has it that Barca and Valencia have agreed to a deal for David Villa.

Just imagine what a god like Villa could do along side Messi...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=5901
    Rumours change as much as socks do.
    Villa is also supposedly in negotiations with Chelsea.
    Besides that, Van Persie is also linked to Barca
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    There isn't even a Bundesliga thread
    Primera > Bundesliga any day.

Quote Originally Posted by HansDuet View Post
    Primera > Bundesliga any day.
    Yeah right
    Always the same 2 teams : Barca and Real Madrid. League of individual stars, not teams

You have no idea what are you talking about.

Sure Real and Barca are alone up there but then its very even. Anything can happen the whole league is filled with excellent teams. Bundesleague is just... eh it lacks soul IMO.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Yeah right
    Always the same 2 teams : Barca and Real Madrid. League of individual stars, not teams
    Makes no difference mate. The League of Ireland is just as, if not more, competitive as the Bundesliga, it's still crap though. I'd take La Liga over Bundesliga any day

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Makes no difference mate. The League of Ireland is just as, if not more, competitive as the Bundesliga, it's still crap though. I'd take La Liga over Bundesliga any day
    Lol, are there Irish teams in the Champion's league?

Remember Stuttgart beating Barcelona earlier this season?
    Remember Werder Bremen drawing 1-1 and 4-4 with Valencia, not advancing due to away goals
    Know that Bayern(even though I hate them) are through to the CL final, and Barcelona are not?

Yeah...Hamburg were neglected the EL final by an inspiring Fulham...but the Bundesliga is quickly producing alot of young stars

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Yeah right
    Hardly. And Valencia and Sevilla are probably miles ahead in quality to most German teams.

In fact I feel most Spanish teams are miles ahead in quality to German teams.

The first half alone nullifies most of what you says.

Individual game comparison is stupid and should not be used, as a whole La Liga is muuuuch better than the Bundesliga.

Oh and Bayern advanced because they played Lyon, not Inter.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

Lol, are there Irish teams in the Champion's league?
    Eh, no. What does that have to do with the discussion?

Remember Stuttgart beating Barcelona earlier this season?
    Remember Werder Bremen drawing 1-1 and 4-4 with Valencia, not advancing due to away goals
    Know that Bayern(even though I hate them) are through to the CL final, and Barcelona are not?
    Remember that a German team hasn't won the CL for 9 years and in that time Spanish teams have won 3 times

Remember that this is the first German appearance in a CL final for 8 years.

Yeah...Hamburg were neglected the EL final by an inspiring Fulham...but the Bundesliga is quickly producing alot of young stars
    And how does that help to prove your point that the Bundesliga is about teams, not individual stars

Valencia Espanyol should be an interesting match today.

I hope Barca wins against Villarreal.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

Eh, no. What does that have to do with the discussion?

Remember that a German team hasn't won the CL for 9 years and in that time Spanish teams have won 3 times

Remember that this is the first German appearance in a CL final for 8 years.

And how does that help to prove your point that the Bundesliga is about teams, not individual stars
    Probably because you don't hear too much about the players...infact, how many stars in the Bundesliga are known about except for Munich players and Frings?.
    Seriously...Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Higuain, Gago, Alves, Valdes, Casillas, Puyol, Pique, Ramos, Navas, Villa, Silva, Diarra, Van der Vaart, Metzelder(who is now going to Schalke 04), Alonso, Guti, Benzema, Pepe, Henry, Toure, Ibrahimovic, Milito....

Players are not too full of themselves and rely on teamwork to win, unlike Real and Barcelona.
    And despite all their signings, Real still failed miserably in the CL.
    Even Atletico Madrid are better than Real and Barca in my opinion

Might explain why Real and Barcelona are 2 of the most in-debt teams in the Liga.

And that is a thing you don't find in the Bundesliga...debt. Stadiums are always sold-out due to cheap tickets.

Probably because you don't hear too much about the players...infact, how many stars in the Bundesliga are known about except for Munich players and Frings?.
    Seriously...Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Higuain, Gago, Alves, Valdes, Casillas, Puyol, Pique, Ramos, Navas, Villa, Silva, Diarra, Van der Vaart, Metzelder(who is now going to Schalke 04), Alonso, Guti, Benzema, Pepe, Henry, Toure, Ibrahimovic, Milito....

Players are not too full of themselves and rely on teamwork to win, unlike Real and Barcelona.
    Or could it be the fact that Bayern are the German team who make it anywhere in Europe on a regular basis?

Well, you're clearly informed on the subject

Or could it be the fact that Bayern are the German team who make it anywhere in Europe on a regular basis?
    No, Werder Bremen are regulars in European football, they had 2 bad seasons but now they're up and running again.
    And that only indicates that different teams win/runner up the league, not always the same 2 are at the top of the table in the Bundesliga.

And despite all their signings, Real still failed miserably in the CL.

Might explain why Real and Barcelona are 2 of the most in-debt teams in the Liga.

And that is a thing you don't find in the Bundesliga...debt. Stadiums are always sold-out due to cheap tickets.
    Are you serious? Barca cannot succeed if they don't play as a team. That's how possession football works. Calling Barca a collection of individuals (or really any team in La Liga save Real Madrid) is completely wrong. (Especially since most of the Barca players you listed don't have star complexes)

This post deserves

Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga that's probably why no one can name any of their players. As for relying on team play, almost every team in La Liga has more team play than the Bundesliga. For the passing game to work (which is how most teams play in La Liga) you have to play team football.

Relegate your Bundesliga trolling to your own thread.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Pra View Post
    Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga that's probably why no one can name any of their players.
    As Odin said, they have high attendance.
    By far. So people really like football there.

Outside Germany, it is not as popular, yes.
    But is any of them leagues besides the top 3 that?

As for relying on team play, almost every team in La Liga has more team play than the Bundesliga. For the passing game to work (which is how most teams play in La Liga) you have to play team football.
    Rofl. I thought Germans were known for the collective, a.k.a team play?
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; May 01, 2010 at 02:23 PM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

I honestly don't know, nor care about German football.

Are you serious? Barca cannot succeed if they don't play as a team. That's how possession football works. Calling Barca a collection of individuals (or really any team in La Liga save Real Madrid) is completely wrong. (Especially since most of the Barca players you listed don't have star complexes)

This post deserves

Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga that's probably why no one can name any of their players. As for relying on team play, almost every team in La Liga has more team play than the Bundesliga. For the passing game to work (which is how most teams play in La Liga) you have to play team football.

Umm...Step 1 for freedom of expression.
    I was just giving my opinion on why was a member so surprised on why there wasn't a BBVA thread

Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga that's probably why no one can name any of their players
    Yeah lol, just watch Germany in the world cup
    Sure Spain has a good team, a very good team. Cup-winning quality. But if player quality mattered, England, France and the Netherlands should've won more World cups in the past.

You're not the boss of me.
    And I am not trolling, just giving my opinion on football leagues.

AND AGAIN
    Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga
    Lol that's why there is the highest attending rates in Europe

This sentence
    Honestly, no one watches/cares about the Bundesliga
    deserves a

Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 01, 2010 at 02:38 PM.

Umm...Step 1 for freedom of expression.
    I was just giving my opinion on why was a member so surprised on why there wasn't a BBVA thread

Yeah lol, just watch Germany in the world cup
    Sure Spain has a good team, a very good team. Cup-winning quality. But if player quality mattered, England, France and the Netherlands should've won more World cups in the past.

You're not the boss of me.
    And I am not trolling, just giving my opinion on football leagues.

AND AGAIN

Lol that's why there is the highest attending rates in Europe

This sentence
    deserves a

Dude, no one outside of Germany really cares about it. Internationally speaking La Liga and the EPL dominate, and thus the stadium point is dubious.
    I can't believe someone used 'you're not the boss of me' and the first amendment as an argument. Kudos.

Either way, I don't care for/know any players or teams at all, and I don't care for their style of football.

Dude, no one outside of Germany really cares about it. Internationally speaking La Liga and the EPL dominate, and thus the stadium point is dubious.
    I can't believe someone used 'you're not the boss of me' and the first amendment as an argument. Kudos.

Either way, I don't care for/know any players or teams at all, and I don't care for their style of football.
    But I actually care about Spanish football. The only thing that ticks me off is that Barca and Real are always in the spotlight when teams like Atletico, Valencia and Sevilla have much more talent as a team, not individuals, and are always robbed by these 2 arrogant clubs.

+ the fact that they are stealing every player there is. Do you know that Real want Schweinsteiger? They want Ribery? They want Villa? They want Silva? They want every player they know about?

I hate the fact that all players seem to be moving to Real or Barca.
    I wouldn't mind if they joined Villareal or Real Sociedad or something, but it's always the same thing : Barca or Madrid, Barca or Madrid.
    They're taking the fun away from other leagues, like CR7 from EPL, Ibrahimovic from Serie A, Benzema from French league...etc

...ohh and no one outside of Germany cares about it??
    Lol, I'm Maltese and the Bundesliga is my favorite league. And I know ALOT of other Bundesliga fans from this tiny island in the middle in the Mediterranean.
    There are more people who care about German and Dutch football than Spanish football here, even if English and Italian supporters dominate the islands in terms of support
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; May 01, 2010 at 02:57 PM.

Meh.

I actually do really love watching the other Spanish teams. Valencia, Sevilla, Villarreal, and Espanyol are often very competitive. I don't care for Real, Barca though has a pretty committed youth policy and has stuck to it for the most part. (Messi, Xavi, Valdes, Busquets, Iniesta, Puyol, Bojan, Pedro, Pique...etc.)

They did buy Henry and Ibra, but sold Eto'o, I don't think they're as big of 'player stealers' as Real, or even Chelsea are/were.

BTW, I actually lied about not being a Bundesliga fan. I like Werder ( I just wanted to argue )