Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: The BBVA Primera División/La Liga Thread

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

Default Re: The La Liga Thread

Real's pressuring the Barca line really well. They look nervy. If Barca can survive the first 10-15 without a goal, then we can start playing the possession football.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

That should've been a penalty. Dangit. The pitch isn't wide enough for Barca's play. The passes are going out of touch, it's nervous form both sides.

The games' been Barca building up play, losing the ball, Real counter attacking and then someone getting the ball back. At the pace they are playing RMA will run out of steam by the 60th minute.
    Last edited by Pra; April 10, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

HALA MESSI!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The defender fell flat on his arse there.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Messi you legend!

Something I've just learned, Pique is actully pretty fast

PEDRITO!!!!!

Barca 2-0

Beautiful pass to set him up by Xavi. That's brilliant work from Xavi on two goals. And right after an amazing set of play where Barca were stroking it around comfortably.

And Valdez stopping a 1 v 1. Beautiful night!

That's it! I may've spoken a little soon here, but I think that's also the league.
    Last edited by Pra; April 10, 2010 at 04:53 PM.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Xavi was brilliant today(as usual ).
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Stupid Barca
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Xavi is the second best player in the world behind only Messi.

He's simply tremendous. Could walk into any team in the world and transform their passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_K_1 View Post
    They tried to protest in Glasgow and someone was raped at their camp. Moral of the story is children: do not camp overnight in Glasgow City Centre.
    Post of The Year 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Farmathar View Post
    knowing what is about to happen I whisper in her ear,
    “do you know what makes us different from other animals?, We follow our prey, a lion or a tiger gets bored and follows something else, we persist” -------------------------------------------------------------------
    yhea i once did that, to a girl in higschool, i pressured her until she agreed to go sailing in a 10 ft baue, but she almost drowned so i no longer try that

Madrid did not show up (not the first time that's happened...)

This is Perez's fault. That man is the biggest imbecile I've ever seen. Once again, after failing the first time, he brings in the biggest names to try to win the Champions League and fails. Madrid right now have very little chemistry, and that has shown. The only decent teams Madrid have beaten this season are Valencia and Sevilla. Against the European giants, Barca, Milan, and even Lyon they have been outplayed.

Higuain was kept quiet today, and I feel that was key. I cannot praise him enough, there is alot of pressure on him and he is a top striker in the world. But today, Barca did an excellent job of shutting them down, and Pipita was invisible.

Messi is the greatest player on the planet, possibly in history. I've never seen such talent, and I have to say congrats to Barca, as much as I hate to say it.

Also yes, Xavi is brilliant but everyone's known that for quite some time.

Love this day!
    Take that you horrible fascists!

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

We cannot let the leftist separatist win! Oh noes!

I suddenly have the desire to root for Inter in the semifinals of Champions League.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Quote Originally Posted by Carswell View Post
    Madrid did not show up (not the first time that's happened...)

This is Perez's fault. That man is the biggest imbecile I've ever seen. Once again, after failing the first time, he brings in the biggest names to try to win the Champions League and fails. Madrid right now have very little chemistry, and that has shown. The only decent teams Madrid have beaten this season are Valencia and Sevilla. Against the European giants, Barca, Milan, and even Lyon they have been outplayed.

Higuain was kept quiet today, and I feel that was key. I cannot praise him enough, there is alot of pressure on him and he is a top striker in the world. But today, Barca did an excellent job of shutting them down, and Pipita was invisible.

Messi is the greatest player on the planet, possibly in history. I've never seen such talent, and I have to say congrats to Barca, as much as I hate to say it.

Also yes, Xavi is brilliant but everyone's known that for quite some time.
    Would you say that if Madrid had one or two more seasons, this team would gel together? Consider that in addition to having a Makalele like player in the midfield (say either of the Diarras) and you might have a solid midfield.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Ok, I love Messi, he's just amazing, but ffs, will the media give Xavi some praise. If it wasn't for Xavi, I don't think Messi would get half the chances he does

Yuiis's Avatar Senator

21 points stil to be played but last night we did it again. You guys can't imagine the joy of winning our eternal enemy at his own field after all the media's pressure coming from there. If we make it to the CL final at Madrid and win it, that will be it, I'll have to become fan of another team because all that we could possibly win we will have won.

(...) and that unfortunate People were afterwards forced to undergo the utmost Miseries of a Siege, in their Capital City of Barcelona; during which, great Multitudes of them perished by Famine and the Sword, many of them have since been executed; and great Numbers of the Nobility of Catalonia, who, for their Constancy and Bravery in Defence of their Liberties, and for their Services in Conjunction with Her Majesty and Her Allies, had, in all Honour, Justice, and Conscience, the highest Claim to Her Majesty's Protection, are now dispersed in Dungeons throughout the Spanish Dominions.
    -Journal of the House of Lords: volume 20: 1714-1717, pp. 136-144.

jimkatalanos's Avatar 浪人
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Yuiis View Post
    You guys can't imagine the joy of winning our eternal enemy at his own field after all the media's pressure coming from there.

I'll have to become fan of another team
    NEVER!
    Ερωτηθεὶς τι ποτ' αυτώ περιγέγονεν εκ φιλοσοφίας, έφη, «Το ανεπιτάκτως ποιείν ά τινες διά τον από των νόμων φόβον ποιούσιν.

Under the professional guidance of TWC's Zone expert Garbarsardar
    Patron of Noble Savage, Dimitri_Harkov, MasterOfThessus, The Fuzz, aja5191, Furin, neoptolemos, AnthoniusII, Legio, agisilaos, Romanos IV, Taiji, Leo, Jom, Jarlaxe

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.

The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts.

If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

οὕτως ἀταλαίπωρος τοῖς πολλοῖς ἡ ζήτησις τῆς ἀληθείας, καὶ ἐπὶ τὰ ἑτοῖμα μᾶλλον τρέπονται.

Questions are not necessarily there to be answered, but possibly there to inspire thinking.

Nullius addictus iurare in verba magistri, - quo me cumque rapit tempestas, deferor hospes.

If mind is common to us, then also the reason, whereby we are reasoning beings, is common. If this be so, then also the reason which enjoins what is to be done or left undone is common. If this be so, law also is common; if this be so, we are citizens; if this be so, we are partakers in one constitution; if this be so, the Universe is a kind of commonwealth.

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

There is no chaos in the world, only complexity.
    Knowledge of the complex is wisdom.
    From wisdom of the world comes wisdom of the self.
    Mastery of the self is mastery of the world. Loss of the self is the source of suffering.
    Suffering is a choice, and we can refuse it.
    It is in our power to create the world, or destroy it.

Homo homini lupus est. Homo sacra res homini.

When deeds speak, words are nothing.

Human history is a litany of blood, shed over different ideals of rulership and afterlife

Sol lucet omnibus.

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Ο Νούς νοεί τον εαυτόν του ως κράτιστος και η νόησή του είναι της νοήσεως νόησις.

'Nothing is true, everything is permitted.' is merely an observation of the nature of reality. To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Was pretty weak game. Not so interesting at all.
    Real have no continuity, and haven't had in a long time. Pellegrini will be sacked after the season and once again they will have a new coach. Can't escape reality forever by buying this and that and automatically think everything will work out fine.

Can't thread be named to Primera división? The La Liga "term" is really lame.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

La Liga is what it is known as, so I say keep it. Otherwise we'd have to change for example the English league to Barclay's Premier League.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Ok, I love Messi, he's just amazing, but ffs, will the media give Xavi some praise. If it wasn't for Xavi, I don't think Messi would get half the chances he does
    Xavi & Iniesta are amazing midfield players, almost on a par with Rob Lee and Peter Beardsley , I agree that without them making Barca purr Messi's star wouldn't shine so brightly. The true test of his ability will be the World Cup when he has to play in what appears to be a fairly average Argentine side.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

I don't think Maradona is playing him in the right position in the Argentine national team. If Riquelme would agree to play then Messi might have a creative partner to work off of. As it is they have some decent attacking talent with Tevez, Aguero, Milito, Higuain, and Maxi Rodriguez, but without the creative lynch pin I'm not sure anyone could be that successful.