Thread: Difficulty settings

Default Difficulty settings

Does anyone know what stat bonuses and morale bonuses the ai gets at the different battle difficulty settings for this mod?

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Difficulty settings

No stats bonuses, on VH the morale is equal to the player's units morale.
    And on sieges AI's towers shoot faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blækk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Is the AI morale the same at all levels ? what changes with difficulty ?

I was also interested on the different difficulty settings. does any one knows the settings?
    I'ce found that on the 1450 campaign VH and H settings with the Byzantines makes you start at war with Venice and Seljuk. On M Constatinople can build tower cannon but on VH or H it can not.
    I've also found that Seljuk have higher movement rates than me. Is this difficulty related??

SamZi's Avatar Civis

I've been wondering whether stamina changes with difficulty too. On VH battle difficulty my soldiers seem to get tired quicker than on H. Is this true?

Hmm. I have tested and in custom battles the AI troops not only have better morale, but kill more of my men when comparing Medium, to Hard and VH.

1 vs. 1 exact same units. On meduim it is a draw with the player winning by a close margin. On hard the AI will win. So there has to be some other hidden bonuses other than just the morale?

“Never forget who you are, for surely the world won’t. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, & it will never be used to hurt you.” – Tyrion Lannister

"The North remembers" Wyman The Godfather Manderly

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

Also, higher difficulties raise the amount of troops and money the AI gets and starts with...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKiller2000 View Post
    Hmm. I have tested and in custom battles the AI troops not only have better morale, but kill more of my men when comparing Medium, to Hard and VH.

1 vs. 1 exact same units. On meduim it is a draw with the player winning by a close margin. On hard the AI will win. So there has to be some other hidden bonuses other than just the morale?
    How many tests did you run with the same units? Only a few tests are entirely subjective to how well the units charge at the start, whether or not your units were running/walking prior to engagement, etc. Best bet is to run at least 10 scenarios or so of the same unit vs unit and never have them run, a simple walking engagement (which still should result in a charge from both sides) to ensure accuracy.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKiller2000 View Post

no, on HARD it's still 'a fair' fight, but on Very Hard that's when mine always LOSE....

VH = more stats for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    on VH the morale is equal to the player's units morale.
    Are you sure about this?
    I always believe the game should be balanced on M, while H/VH gives AI bonuses to be more competitive.