Thread: Confusion on certain unit recruitment locations

Default Confusion on certain unit recruitment locations

Whenever I start a new Early Era campaign, I notice that a good number of settlements will have the ability to recruit a unit that doesn't seem like it belongs there. The examples that I best remember are Lustinian Javelinmen in Caen and Viking Raiders in Metz. I've heard of the British being allies with the Portugese but that was during the Napoleonic times. I doubt some Portugese javelinmen suddenly decided that Normandy was their homeland and moved there. The Vikings sound more reasonable but I still have my doubts.

I checked that apparently you need the hidden resources of portugal/denmark/norway to get these units and the descr_regions for Early Era doesn't have these hidden resources listed in Caen/Metz.

Is the campaign supposed to be like this?

(I must admit that I like getting good quality javelinmen as england so early. French and German knights are a lot easier to deal with when you have portugese javelins hurled under an English banner.)

Default Re: Confusion on certain unit recruitment locations

Definitely sounds like a bug, I checked my own install and didn't have those units available in those areas on early era. A simple re-install should fix that.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

I also have Lustinian Javelinmen in Caen from the very first versio.

Before reinstalling try deleting maps.rwm and start a new campaign after that.
    Folders of those files are Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base (for early era) and
    Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\campaign\custom\Late_Era_Campaign (for late era).

After a complete reinstall. I slowly put in my old modded files to see what was causing the problem and apparently it was my descr_buildings file even though it looked perfectly fine.

Very glad that it is fixed now but will have to start from scratch on tweaking that file again.

(Might keep the Lustinian Javelins though cause I really like them as the English )