Thread: Naval Battles tips

Default Naval Battles tips

Hello all. I've played a few naval battles but always get owned. This is against ai, and I'm assuming that it should be easy, but i just can't seem to get the hang of it. Does anyone have any tips on how to play naval battles? Thanks.

Default Re: Naval Battles tips

I'm not particularly proficient with Naval battles either. I tend to just build lots of large ships, put them in line astern formation, and sail them towards the enemy.

The advice i do have though: before you get to the enemy lines, turn your ships so that you can fire the first shots at the enemies. always try to circle around the back of the enemies line of ships so you can fire at them from more than one side. also, don't try to control your ships individually in the beginning of the battle. always control them as a group. sometimes later in the battle, when the enemy are more spread out, you can control their movement individually, but other than that, always stick with group formation.

i hope this helps!

Do not micro-manage, use your fleet as a whole (Group them).

Have more and better ships than your enemy.

already a few threads on this . look for them some nice tips on them

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanrows View Post
    I'm not particularly proficient with Naval battles either. I tend to just build lots of large ships, put them in line astern formation, and sail them towards the enemy.
    I was beginning to think I was the only Naval noob who did this!

Good to know others just rely on the tanks to charge in and improvise when we get there..

FIRE BROADSIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!