Thread: Stopping the AI's constant 'shuffling' when it is on the defense.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Stopping the AI's constant 'shuffling' when it is on the defense.

Is there a way to get the AI to not shuffle constantly when on the defense? I simply cannot stand how the AI, when on the defense, barely fires a shot, rather it just seems to dance around.

For me, this is becoming game breaking. I am so frustrated with this that I have actually stopped working on my mod because of this.

If the AI is this broken, what is the point of mods that just change stuff around the edges?

What's the point of larger unit sizes, more cinematic firing drills, longer ranges, or even better CAI, when the BAI is so miserably broken (at least when the AI is on the defense)? I mean, this is a strategy game in which the player is presented with virtually no strategic challange. The AI cannot play a good campaigjn game if they lose every battle in which they are on the defense against the player.

I cannot tell you how many times I have attacked AI armies, knowing full well that I 'shouldn't' win the battle, but attack anyway knowing that the AI is totally incompetent on the defense, that they will shuffle without end even while getting shot at.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Default Re: Stopping the AI's constant 'shuffling' when it is on the defense.

have you tried telling your artillery to cease fire? i also get the shuffling problem and it seems it's because they know when they're being targeted with artillery.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Stopping the AI's constant 'shuffling' when it is on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    have you tried telling your artillery to cease fire? i also get the shuffling problem and it seems it's because they know when they're being targeted with artillery.
    Hmm, thanks.

I'll try that, but I had never noticed a difference with or without artillery.

I'll look into modding the BAI behavior in that regard, because shuffling certainly doesn't effect how many casualties they take from arty, actually it probably increases their casualties due to the 'blobbing' effect the shuffling creates.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.