Thread: Neutral start mod

Default Neutral start mod

Hi all, I am new to the community and relativly new to the TW franchise. I have never really given modding a go, but I'm trying something for a start that I think should be relativly easy (from what I have read from the tutorials).

I wanted to make a mod that has all nations starting out in relative peace. Something a little more sandbox style, like how RTW starts. I know it's not historically accurate, but I think it would add a bit of replay value to an already great game to have it as an option. Who knows, maybe France and GB want to team up to conquere the world.

That being said, I have a few questions:

1.) As I understand it, the values I need to change can be found in the startpos.esf file for the respective campaigns, and are under the diplomacy manager in each faction's faction-array, an example below given for France:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\France | FACTION_ARRAY\France | FACTION\DIPLOMACY_MANAGER\DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY

Assuming I have this right so far, I am under the impression that each group under the DIPLOMANCY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY for each faction represents the various factors effecting their relationship with each other faction in the game. Am I also to understand that all I need to do is set all integer variables to 0 and all boolean variables to false for all factions?

2.) Would their be any way to have this only kick in only if the world domination victory conditions are set?

3.) And finally (to prove bad things come in 3's), how much, if at all, would this disrupt faction balance? Any nations that would need toning down or tuning up to compensate for all this potentially peaceful behavior?

Default Re: Neutral start mod

I guess I'll just go ahead with the mod and see how things work out. If anyone can tell me if I'm at least in the right ballpark I'd be very appreciative.

I wonder if this would work in Multiplayer Campaign.

Its a great idea.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by HWick View Post
    I wonder if this would work in Multiplayer Campaign.

Its a great idea.

Assuming both people have the same startpos then I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantBob View Post

Assuming I have this right so far, I am under the impression that each group under the DIPLOMANCY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY for each faction represents the various factors effecting their relationship with each other faction in the game. Am I also to understand that all I need to do is set all integer variables to 0 and all boolean variables to false for all factions?
    Hi, I've been attempting the same thing. I learned i also needed to set the allied and war values to nuetral. But somehow i think there's another sublevel or different table i need to alter for ntw to not crash

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Its very easy to do just extremely time consuming.

After setting the allied or war to neutral like hetwiel said, go further in and change every node so that every false/true in each node is false and so every number is 0.

Have fun, and have breaks or get RSI.

After giving this a shot (with LME's startpros) I found that, while all the factions are open to trade and not at war or in alliance...they still retain the negative and positive affects of war/alliance as if it was still there.

Jac_PS's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantBob View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the community and relativly new to the TW franchise. I have never really given modding a go, but I'm trying something for a start that I think should be relativly easy (from what I have read from the tutorials).

I wanted to make a mod that has all nations starting out in relative peace. Something a little more sandbox style, like how RTW starts. I know it's not historically accurate, but I think it would add a bit of replay value to an already great game to have it as an option. Who knows, maybe France and GB want to team up to conquere the world.

That being said, I have a few questions:

1.) As I understand it, the values I need to change can be found in the startpos.esf file for the respective campaigns, and are under the diplomacy manager in each faction's faction-array, an example below given for France:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    startpos.esf\CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS\CAMPAIGN_ENV\CAMPAIGN_MODEL\WORLD\FACTION_ARRAY\France | FACTION_ARRAY\France | FACTION\DIPLOMACY_MANAGER\DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS_ARRAY

2.) Would their be any way to have this only kick in only if the world domination victory conditions are set?

3.) And finally (to prove bad things come in 3's), how much, if at all, would this disrupt faction balance? Any nations that would need toning down or tuning up to compensate for all this potentially peaceful behavior?
    Militant Bob, is it working? Could you please upload the startpos? Thanks in advance.