Thread: How To Edit Colour Masks?

Praepositus

Default How To Edit Colour Masks?

So if I wanted to give a hat texture the color of the wearer's faction designated in the uniform_to_faction_colours_table, I guessed I'd have to edit the colour masks. I turned everything green to matched the colors in R/G/B/ 2 in the table, but when I tried to get it ingame, the colours wouldn't show up, only those of the texture. So, I wanna know how to edit colour masks... using GIMP
    Last edited by Amaz; April 09, 2010 at 01:01 AM.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Default Re: How To Edit Colour Masks?

I guess you have to edit also gloss map, do you rember in ETW? was it that gave faction colour to units texture. So check if there is relation between colour_mask and gloss.
    I put only a quick look to austria both gloss and colour mask and it seems that all areas coloured in colour_mask are already blu in gloss.
    Check some other faction and if it is as I said you have to edit both gloss and colour_mask
    I reckon that if you simply make gloss all blu, you will have odd results. so take care to edit only parts of texture that must be coloured with faction colour.
    to edit colour_mask you should use new improvement of PFM by Erasmus. I mean the new grid system, you will have reference marks to edit colour in each single bodypart texture, otherwise you had wide black areas to edit and you should find in it where is "concealed" your texture in all that black! Same usefulness grids will have in giving blu to gloss.dds.
    cheers
    Last edited by maxsim666; April 09, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

Pls post an image of your colour map.
    You define the RGB values in the uniform_to_faction_colours db.
    So for a Standard British foot Infantry colour map

RGB1:191,34,13 = Colour map RED

RGB2:255,233,123= Colour map GREEN

RGB3:255,255,255= colour map BLUE

Black
    on colour map is base texture colour

Praepositus

sorry, actually had what I needed solve a day after post, but thank you guys for extra info...