Thread: Request: Less Dimplomacy

Default Request: Less Dimplomacy

I just wanted to ask some good modders or any volunteers to make a mod, or actually just mod startpos.esf properly, that makes less alliances and diplomatic hatred/love between factions at the beginning of a Coalition Campaign. I want to play good old Grand Campaign with almost zero diplomacy at the start. Of course some alliances should be kept, like French alliance with minors and Spain, but let player make his own Coalition or let Napoleon ally with Russia or England as he wanted

Default Re: Request: Less Dimplomacy

I can't help you there in the modding side of things, but I totally agree with what you're saying. I find it really frustrating being forced into the same old situations each time I play a new game. It'd be great if someone could fix the scripted events like Spain and Frances alliance being forced to stay together, or when England like to invade Spain half way through the thing (not sure if that's scripted, but it's happened 3 times now >.<). And if I want to declare war on Russia or something, it sucks that I have to get a -100 to -200 'dishonoring treaties' diplomacy score and make the world hate me. This is definitely one of the things that annoys me about this game, it's no way near as free as the others, and because of this it has way less replay value.

Historically accurate? Nah, but if it makes it more fun I'm all for it!
    I Appreciate the Otter

Up

I totaly agree, almost. Napoleon and great britan shoud be in war. Everything else shoud be good. Or another suggestion is that nowone gets angry when ally decklares war on ally