Thread: Questions about ambush.

Default Questions about ambush.

Is there a star requirement for generals to be able to ambush? I'm currently playing the English and it seems that only Arthur Wellesley can ambush. I tried putting other generals in his exact location but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Default Re: Questions about ambush.

Bug.

An army with no general should be able to ambush. It is just a matter of an enemy entering the zone of control of any hidden units.

If you get something else then it is bugged, at least in you campaign.

Just to reinforce what everyone else has said... its probably a bug. Every army should be able to ambush.

although to test it out, select the army you want to ambush with, and move your pointer over the terrain on the campaign map. the little tool tip that pops up will tell you if that terrain is useable for ambushes.
    also, sometimes the army is in position to ambush, but the graphics just don't show it. instead of crouching down in the ambush position, it keeps standing like normal, but if an enemy army comes by, you can still ambush.

Primicerius

I never had any problem ambushing with or without general. Just use the cursor to see if the particular place on the map allows you to do so. By the way, your units with paths seldom trod ability can ambush anywhere on the map. So, for example, as French, if you wish so, you can make an army of chasseurs a cheval and light infantry and ambush enemies anywhere.

The game does seem to sometimes have random bugs show up.

In a current campaign Generals have become unrecruitable.

I don’t know what triggers the glitches but they develop.