Thread: How to avoid experience bug

Default How to avoid experience bug

Hello partakers, i discoverd something i want to share.

Once upon a time, i was playing Cruisader states and had problems with the experience being ignored on the recruited (or retraining) of units. I now know what went wrong. It is so that once you recruit a unit (or retrain) at a place where it should start out more than zero xp and you do battle (or load to the save after you recruited that unit), the unit loses its xp. To avoid such thing recruit the units after you have done battle and recruit them only right befor you end the turn!

i hope this was worth making a thread, dont know where i sould have put it otherwise.

Default Re: How to avoid experience bug

Very good find if this is true. I almost always fight my battles at the end of turns, I never really understood why I had to retrain to get the extra XP. I'll test this out and post back.

Edit: Works like a charm, wish I knew that before. +rep
    Last edited by Deckster; April 09, 2010 at 05:12 PM.

My units never lost experience, but sometimes it takes multiple retrainings for them to have the bonus because they didn't get it when first recruited, even though they should have gotten it. What do battles have to do with that?

If you only click to train your units after you fight battles for the turn, multiple retraining won't be necessary to get all the experience they're supposed to have. Basically, recruit units as the last thing you do before end turn and everything should work normally.

Ok, I will try this. This bug existed in M2 Vanilla too.

I have read the thread and am having difficulty understanding it (I admit it is probably me). Could someone explain what the problem is and what the "fix" (i.e., by way of recruiting/retraining at the end of the turn) is suppose to solve. Thanks, just not understanding the problem as it is explained he because I am unaware of it.

If you have a Swordsmiths' Guild (or a Horse Breeders' Guild or others) and you recruit a unit, it should have 1 bronze chevron. Sometimes the unit is recruited with no chevron, so you have to retrain it. Sometimes you will have to retrain it several times and waste money and time until it finally has the chevron. By recruiting or retraining a unit in a settlement with experience-granting facilities at the very end of a turn, you will ensure the unit will gain the chevron it's supposed to have.

I've been trying to stick to this regimen, since I'm used to recruiting in the beginning of my turn, and it's been working without fail.

Thanks alot for explaining. Appreciate it K/T.

I also have the ( bad? ) habit of recruiting at the start of the turn. Though you should first do all battles etc because when you get money from sacking cities/ransommed prisoners you have more money and your ideal mixture of units that should get build changes.

Thanks for pointing this out ....

Nice information and kudos for detecting that one.
    A interesting way to force the "optimal" playstyle...

Tears of Destiny's Avatar Senator

This explains why my Hospitaliers never received their due, I always recruited at the start of my turn. Nice!