Thread: World At War text mod

Sotogo's Avatar Foederatus

Default World At War text mod

Hello to you all. I was playing KGCM one day and thought it could use a exciting campaign so i looked around to improve stuff and stumbled upon a lot I could improve to make a nice little campaign different from the normal. Like why aren't the pope and emperor at war? and why aren't Spain and Portugal allied to repel the muslim invaders back to africa? and why aren't the turks,moorish and egyptian not allied with each other? well I already took care with that and gave the fatamids some counties more and allied antioch and jerusalem with the pope and france because of all the french influence in the leviant. and gave the kingdom of jerusalem an hebrew name well I roughly translated it from english to hebrew and cairo and alexandria are named to their arabic ones.and the fatamids now control mekka. and on the other side of the world, on the british islands there is nothing more than war. not only france but scotland,Ireland and Wales is at war with the english kingdom. And there are a lot of places where there are direct conflicts between the kingdoms and empires. I will post a pic soon with the situation of the leviant.

Leader of 100BC. The last years of the Republic
    Working on World At War Text Mod for SS and KGCM

Default Re: World At War text mod

I have picked this up again, Changed a great number of things like a battle between Sala-ad-Dheen against the king of Jerusalem and both got 2 more full stacks. also Kerak is one turn from being besieged by the Caliphate and Mekka is no longer a rebel settlement and joined the great Caliphate. on the other side of the medditereanian there is war all across Europe. The pope and 4 of his generals are fighting off a Kaiserliche Armeé at Bologna and venizia and Genova are battling over control of milano currently in this state bound to Das Heilige Romische Reich. While Genova has 2 strong allies ( Papal States and France) Venizia has on their side 2 major european and medditereanian powers ( Das Heilige Römische Reich and the Byzantine Empire) the British have taken their change to expliot this ongoing war to invade the shores of Holland and Denmark. But from the north Norway has assembled massive armies to take over scotland and from there eventually London. The Iberian peninsula isn't an exception on this all going war they themselfs have found themselfs in an battle between the moorish they have swept through south Spain and Portugal like a plague. But the newly formed Iberian coallition existing of its members, Kingdom of Spain,Kingdom of Aragon(Catalunya) Portugal and France who has joined the cause for their own expansionism have kept the moors from not passing Cordoba so here is where they need to hold of. But across in Italy Sicily,Venice and Genova are on the brink of war now the Kaiser has entered their lands.but across the adrianatic sea(dunno if spelled correctly) Hungary and Byzantium are in a devastating war together.

Im waiting for the release
    "SIMPLY ECO LOGICAL"

"Reducing my carbon footprint one step at a time"

KGCM Combat System: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post8403814

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Does sound quite interesting!

Keep feeding us with that kind of apetizers!
    "SIMPLY ECO LOGICAL"

"Reducing my carbon footprint one step at a time"

KGCM Combat System: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...14#post8403814

Another thing is France is going to play a huge role because they will dominate much of west Europa and got an iberian settlement and a few armies in the leviant. they will also be present in the fight against Venizia and Das Heilige Römische Reich. they will also controll Holland,Metz and Switserland. But the English,Scottish and Irish have formed the Allied Island Forces better known as the AIF. Another major alliance in my new Europe. So the isles aren't fightingunder each other. at this time these alliances are formed:
    1. The Imperial Coalition, IMPC (Das Heilige Römische Reich,Venizia and Imperium Romanum)
    2. The Holy Alliance,HA (Papal States,France and Genova)
    3.The Iberian Coalition,IC (Kingdom of Spain,Kingdom of Aragon(changing to Catalunya and size changing to only Barcelona rest is french),Portugal and France)
    4.Islamic Federation IF (Turks,Moors and the Great Caliphate)
    5. Allied Island Forces, AIF (England,Scotland and Ireland)
    Last edited by Sotogo; November 25, 2010 at 03:19 AM.

I will also change the titels and everything else in the export_unit files to their original language if possible. So far i got France,Das Heilige Römische Reich and Imperium Romanum sounds more impressive than the Byzantine Empire

Magefsx's Avatar Campidoctor

Or Das Deutches Reich
    But I would leave the byzantines as they are, as it's somewhat more accurate, and sounds better in the medieval setting

i want the roman influence back into the medieval world so thats why i want to change their name but what do you think of the alliances? the HA is getting a new member for KGCM Jerusalem and maybe Antioch.

Well i tried with antioch in the Holy Alliance but its better Antioch is only allied to France because the pope is likely to excommunicate them in the first 10 turns :S don't know why but tried several campaigns everyone with another faction and each time got the same problem

Now i got a problem with france in KGCM they are steamrolling all of europe. They break their allainces with everyone and start to make a all around war on all their borders and are spawning stacks of units within the first 15 turns :S well gonna fix this prob cuz italy is now within 20 turns french and spain to :S

Problem fixed they now behave the way i want them to player playing as france has a huge disadvantage

when is it being released?