Default problem with game speeding up

I have just had a brand new system, spec:

AMD X2 3800+ dual core
    1 gb RAM
    NVIDIA 6800
    16x Sony DVD drive
    Asus motherboard
    250gb hard drive

When I play Rome TW its starts off fine, but when I enter a battle the graphics become jerky and the game speeds up on its own??? When you come out of the battle the campaign map is then running fast and jerky too?

I'm really confused, I have the most up to date drivers for everything and I have the BI expansion pack installed too. Is there an issue with the new dual core cpu's?

the problem happens on all versions of the game (1.0, 1.2 and 1.3)

Please help!

Erik's Avatar Dux Limitis

That's strange.

I don't think it has anything to do with having dual cores.
    AFAIK RTW wil only run on one core.
    But you could try disabeling one core just to be sure.

Default problem sorted

disabling one of the cores through the process screen solves the problem!

here are my specs:
    AMD athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+ 2.01Ghz
    2GB of RAM
    120GB HD
    NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT 256mb video card.(88.12 driver installed-latest)

and i have exactly the same problem, the game tends to speed up. I had this problem with day of defeat game up until i installed a cpu driver (that the guys on the forum told me) it fixed the problem for dod, but it's still in RTW. Anyone have a suggestion how to fix it without disabling a processor? Help would be much apreciated as i can't play RTW

Default Re: problem with game speeding up

I have encountered this problem as well. Strange speed up after a couple of battles or so. This speed up also makes the game more likely to CTD. Will require a reboot to stabilize but will get buggy again.

Is there an official solution to this problem?

Miles

If you go to the AMD website, you can download a set of drivers that "link" your two CPU's together and that should eliminate your problem.

After reading about this problem several times in other places, I loaded the driver into my new PC (AMD FX60) before I played RTW and I have not experanced any speed up. I even did a stop watch test between my old PC and the new PC (using the exact same custom battle set up) and the time required for the troops to march the same distance was exactly the same.

Could you tell me the exact download? I just got a new pc with dual core and am having this problem. A link to that driver on the amd website would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Miles

Here: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/..._13118,00.html

You need the driver that is second from the bottom of the page. AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.3.1