Thread: The Border Princes Personal Suggestions

Default The Border Princes Personal Suggestions

Because the Border Princes are an apparent Mad Max wonderland with a mish mash of a whole bunch of faction's outcasts and mercenaries I think the Border Princes should be able to actively recruit Empire and Bretonnian units from their settlements as well as the appropriate Rusichi units and maybe even a few other faction units like maybe a few Dwarf units.

This shouldn't be too hard as all you got to do is add those units to the rosters and such, right?

Also I think that the Border Princes should be granted a higher chance of getting those scripted Hire events of the Dogs of War because those Border Princes will want, need, and have the cash to hire mercenary units in bulk and so that would almost be the first stop for crack units of swords for hire.

These are my personal suggestions! I hope you take them under advisement! Keep up the great work guys! Amazing mod so far!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: The Border Princes Personal Suggestions

I don't think that they should be able to recruit Brettonian or Empire units, I would like them to just have their own style that's like a blend of the two. Carlsson's Cavalry from Dark Omen would be the best inspiration I think.

Default Re: The Border Princes Personal Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    I don't think that they should be able to recruit Brettonian or Empire units, I would like them to just have their own style that's like a blend of the two. Carlsson's Cavalry from Dark Omen would be the best inspiration I think.
    Well they would have seperated would they not? Religious difference creates segregatious dissention. The Bretonnians worship the Lady and the Empire worship Sigmar and other factions have their gods. The natural reaction of people is to stick to what they know in a new land. They will have attempted to cling to their cultural identity with only small cultural differences occuring between them and their original countries. Its the law of anthropological culture separation also known as social drift.

I personally run a Border Princes army in real life, with Empire and Bretonnian units in my army with Dogs of War and a few others thrown in for good measure.

I think there will be parts where they have gone together, represented by the Rusichi units. There will be parts where they stick together which will be represented by the Empire and Bretonnian units. It just makes more sense.

Look at my country of Canada for example. Canada does not have it's "own style" it is made up of numerous factions. They stick together for the most part in Canada with places like Little Italy and Chinatown popping up and certain areas being dominated by certain ethnicities. People simply don't blend together unless they have been together for a very long time without outside influence. The Border Princes have had outside influence whether it be by aid or otherwise. To suggest they are isolated is absurd, they must trade with their home factions in order to properly survive. All countries need exports and imports to survive because no place has everything. They may have abandoned several principles of their old country, creating a Mad Max like world but the core of who they are will survive for a long time. Bretonnians will be Bretonnians and the Empire people will be the Empire people, it will be like that for a long time.

But hey this is my personal suggestion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke