Thread: problem with aragorn

Default problem with aragorn

i know i know another thing wrong with my game but im having a whole lot of trouble getting aragorn adopted. i have 15 generals/family members and 20 settlements as far as i know the man of the hour fires if you have less generals than settlements and win a heroic victory. i have won 9 with aragorn. what gives?

Default Re: problem with aragorn

Idk because, while playing as the Silvan Elves I had Haldir and a medium sized army and I took Moria and killed the Balrog getting him adopted. :hmmm: Maybe try taking Moria and killing the Balrog then get back to us.

old_dude's Avatar Tiro

Do you have any family members with less than four kids and is in the right age range to adopt him?

whats the age range

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

20-30?

than its because hes too old then, where is the aragorn script located

Quote Originally Posted by GreekGlory View Post
    than its because hes too old then, where is the aragorn script located
    In Third_Age/data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script. Search (CTRL+F) for Aragorn.

ok so i went into the script and changed aragorns age to 22 to see if i could get him adopted now, but now the script isnt firing after i accept him

ok so i went into the script and changed aragorns age to 22 to see if i could get him adopted now, but now the script isnt firing after i accept him
    Changes in the campaign_script don't affect your current campaign. You'd have to start a new campaign to get the eddect.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    Changes in the campaign_script don't affect your current campaign. You'd have to start a new campaign to get the eddect.
    i guess that goes for saved games before the event too oh well 80 turns isnt that much

i guess that goes for saved games before the event too oh well 80 turns isnt that much
    Unfortunately yes. But you can also change the time when Aragorn spawns, so you get him faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    Unfortunately yes. But you can also change the time when Aragorn spawns, so you get him faster.
    this is true thanks for the help ill let you know how it goes

EDIT: does anyone else have trouble getting aragorn adopted