Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Zero's Musketry Mod - Dual Rank Fire "As it should be"

Default Re: Zero's Musketry Mod - Dual Rank Fire "As it should be"

Quote Originally Posted by britishballer View Post
    does your mod with for modded units? for example, all of the extra units in toon's mod?
    That mod isn't supported, besides, it changes so much that this mod won't be compatible with his.

I did add support for some mods.

This mod is freaking amazing! The firefights are so much more intense and frantic with every soldier taking any shot he can. Zerosilver, you've done a wonderful job but I still think that you should consider tweaking the reload rates and accuracy to achieve longer lasting firefights. The thing is, CA gave napoleon total war units the reload rate to reflect two ranks firing but decided not to actually show two ranks firing, this mod really should just add the effect without breaking the original gameplay.
    Last edited by tropdars; June 03, 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post
    This mod is freaking amazing! The firefights are so much more intense and frantic with every soldier taking any shot he can. Zerosilver, you've done a wonderful job but I still think that you should consider tweaking the reload rates and accuracy to achieve longer lasting firefights. The thing is, CA gave napoleon total war units the reload rate to reflect two ranks firing but decided not to actually show two ranks firing, this mod really should just add the effect without breaking the original gameplay.
    Thx mate, but this mod is here only for dual rank fire.
    I won't add any stats tweaks , it's the whole point of my mod to change a little thing which makes the game much more enjoyable.

But don't you realize that by allowing both ranks to fire, you have done a stats tweak? You've nearly doubled the lethality of units which are already quite lethal. As well, you've already made a concession to the fact that units will eat up twice the rate of ammo, so why not adjust reload rate or accuracy so that firefights last as long as they do in vanilla.

Essentially, in order to achieve your stated goal of only providing two rank fire while keeping everything else vanilla, you ought to tweak the stats so that unit lethality remains comparable to vanilla. Right now, the mod should be called "Two rank fire and enhanced unit lethality mod". See where I'm coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by tropdars View Post
    But don't you realize that by allowing both ranks to fire, you have done a stats tweak? You've nearly doubled the lethality of units which are already quite lethal. As well, you've already made a concession to the fact that units will eat up twice the rate of ammo, so why not adjust reload rate or accuracy so that firefights last as long as they do in vanilla.

Essentially, in order to achieve your stated goal of only providing two rank fire while keeping everything else vanilla, you ought to tweak the stats so that unit lethality remains comparable to vanilla. Right now, the mod should be called "Two rank fire and enhanced unit lethality mod". See where I'm coming from?
    I get what you mean, but still, this mod gives dual rank fire and only that, ammo tweaks were necesarry because else it would turn into melee fests.

There are bigger mods with loads of tweaks that include this too, they balance the combat too, you should look them up.

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosliver View Post
    I get what you mean, but still, this mod gives dual rank fire and only that, ammo tweaks were necesarry because else it would turn into melee fests.

There are bigger mods with loads of tweaks that include this too, they balance the combat too, you should look them up.
    having played with 2 rank fire a lot (not with your mod Zero, wasn't out yet so I made my own, sorry) and not having changed the ammo count, I found it quite enjoyable that fights ended in a gigantic brawl

I also think that having more lethality permits better/more interesting strategic decisions so as not to loose to many men dumbly.

PS : yeah battles are faster, but I like that
    Patronized by Hader.

Same here Nyxos, I don't have time for slow battles either.

However, that's not why I didn't change accuracy .

Melonfish's Avatar Libertus

Hi,
    are there updates planned for the latest dlc?
    "Curse you perry the platipuuuuuuuuuuuusssss!"

Quote Originally Posted by Melonfish View Post
    Hi,
    are there updates planned for the latest dlc?
    The Iberian Campaign? Sorry, but I don't plan on buying it, so that would be a no :/

Still waiting for a screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry07191 View Post
    Still waiting for a screen.
    I made an awsome one but my computer had virus problems lately and I had to go back to a previous system backup, deleting the screeny.

Anyways, I don't play NTW anymore lately so I guess I can't be of any help with screenshots anymore. The mod should still be compatible though.

~Zero

Thx for making this mod! I am not sure though, whether this mod allows for the first two ranks to fire at the same time like we see, for example per say only of course, no historical claims connected to this other than, strictly, (just so we are clear here and noone will come after this statement like a dog and say owh that movie wasnt historical at all, as this is merely an example) the way in which it was shown, The Patriot?
    Because that would be awesome, first two ranks presenting, fire, maybe 1-2 volleys like that, THEN the discipline falters!
    And with casualties taken in the first 2 ranks, the ones in the third rank will fill the gaps I guess.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

This doesn't seem to work anymore.

I concur, just tested and no go, woulda been fun!

I`m not here to make demands though.

Cheers

That's weird, it should still work, unless the patch messed with units stats.

Miniluv's Avatar Ducenarius

Been noticing something when I putted your mod in NTW:

The Black Watch can't shoot,they can only do melee.

How come?

Anyway....nice mod!

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE.

Hmm I dont know, I tried reinstalling the mod, still no go, same as before.

Thanks all the same, I`m not whining because I know how to appreciate the spirit of twcenter`s great modders.

Maybe some day if the problem is solved the mod will function for the few who cant get it working, that said though, *hint* ETW could use a mod like this too someday *hint* Forgive me!

Indefinitely Banned

This is awesome!

If I still had NTW installed I would gladly fix it, but I can't obviously, since I don't play it anymore.

It seems some people still have it working?

hey

thanks for your great mod

but it is possible to make this mod compatible with the tighter formation mod of "Heartbraker"
    this would be an amesome expirience and very historical, too

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast