Thread: Rome TW Recruitment problems

Default Rome TW Recruitment problems

Hey there,

I've played Rome Total War since it was new and never lost interest in it.

Recently I installed it again after my computer went crazy and forced me to format the harddrive a few months ago. I then went to get the 1.5 patch, then got 1.3 after it told me I needed that first. After that, I unfortunately didn't have the original with me so I had to get a crack for it (the cause of the problem?)

Once I got that all sorted I went ahead and started a campaign as the Brutii this time, then gave myself money with the add_money cheat (note that I've completed it without cheats many times) then saved it and went off. I went to the data file and went to edit some buildings and units to the way I used to have them.

I went to the building config and changed the Foundry so that it took 70 turns to build, costed 64k and gave +7,000 missile, armour, heavy and light weapon bonuses aswell as experience, 6,000 happiness and law bonuses aswell as 400,000 Gold income a turn.

After that I went to the unit's config and did what I used to do, make the Legionary and Praetorian Urban Cohorts get recruited in 0 turns (so that I can get 9 per turn) and the Praetorian Cavalry and
    Quinquireme also at 0 turns.

Once I did this I saved them, put them in an unoriginal backup folder as I've always done with modded files and ran the game. I then gave Brutii's capital about 25k population and kept adding buildings to the queue then using the "process_cq" cheat. Once the town was a "Huge City" with the Urban Barracks and everything, I went to the Recruitement tab and noticed that I don't have any Legionary Cohorts, Praetorian Urban Cohorts or Praetorian Cavalry. And in the building information tab, when I go to the Urban Barracks and the Huge City buildings the Cohorts aren't listed and same for the Cavalry in the stables.

I then tried putting in the original backups (having the unoriginals saved) and tried a new campaign with Julii and built everything and they were still missing. So I put back in the unoriginal files and then tried putting the 3 units to be built with the Foundry to see if that would work (it didn't) and then in the Huge City like am sure one of them should be and they weren't there. I then removed the "and marian_reforms " from the end of the line, same for the cavalry and Legionary and then they were available to recruit, but my game would only last 2 minutes then I'd get an error.

Sorry for the BIG post, but, does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Rome TW Recruitment problems

They weren't available after construction because they require the Marian Reforms. Hit "end turn" after you build everything. It make take a couple turns. Once Gaius Marius has his way with the army, you can recruit the Legionaries and whatnot.
    Alea Iacta Est (The Die is Cast) - Gaius Julius Caesar
    An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
    We will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal Barca

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Rome TW Recruitment problems

Crack is the problem in the game and your install. It is also against the compnay's EULA and the site's ToS for discussion. Closed.