Thread: My campaign some questions

Default My campaign some questions

Hallo all, i have started today the campaign. Well at start i fought some battles with the goths, but then they left italy and moved to southern gaul. With my armys at arleate i started to reconquer gaul. While one army besieged constantine in arleate the other took narbo and burgadila. I feared that the huns will attack me in illyria but it did not happen. After some turns i beat constantine in arleate and got half of gaul back while the rest of the goths setteled in narbo.
    Well what i want to say i play on h/vh and now we have the year 422 ad i get now 25 k per turn and start to build up economy. My armys are decimated hardly after i had reconquered gaul. So now i start to lose it to the franks. In spain i have still NovaKartago. I lost half of africa to the vandals.

Well the point is, why is it so easy to get gaul back?! The only serious units are in arleate, but i besieged them. Why the goths did not attack even one of my citys in italy, i killed 3 armys and after that they moved away...just luck?!
    And after they got narbo and settled there, they did nothing. No attack on me no expansion to spain.
    The burgundi hordes (i think they are burgundi, red-violet colour) just stay arround, they kiked the allmani but really late and they just now moving to italy. I have defeated the allemani after they setteled in melodianum, now they are a horde again...

Hmm well maybe i have a installbug or smth. because this all seems to be a little strange. My armys got never on rationating, does this feature not exist in
    RR?!
    Is it intentionally that the unitvariaty is not really big?! If i think about IJ there so much more different untis of same type, i liked it very much.
    Hmm...maybe you have some comments on that.

This should not be a negative crit of the mod. I like the start situation very much and the weaknis of the empire is very realistic. But i thought i will die in this campaign and now its not that bad. Im a little bit shoked about that.

And a last question, why my citys dont grow even if i have the 3 upgrate on fieldwork and the city has only 13 thousand inhabitants?!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: My campaign some questions

Quote Originally Posted by georg321 View Post
    Hallo all, i have started today the campaign. Well at start i fought some battles with the goths, but then they left italy and moved to southern gaul. With my armys at arleate i started to reconquer gaul. While one army besieged constantine in arleate the other took narbo and burgadila. I feared that the huns will attack me in illyria but it did not happen. After some turns i beat constantine in arleate and got half of gaul back while the rest of the goths setteled in narbo.
    Well what i want to say i play on h/vh and now we have the year 422 ad i get now 25 k per turn and start to build up economy. My armys are decimated hardly after i had reconquered gaul. So now i start to lose it to the franks. In spain i have still NovaKartago. I lost half of africa to the vandals.

Well the point is, why is it so easy to get gaul back?! The only serious units are in arleate, but i besieged them. Why the goths did not attack even one of my citys in italy, i killed 3 armys and after that they moved away...just luck?!
    And after they got narbo and settled there, they did nothing. No attack on me no expansion to spain.
    The burgundi hordes (i think they are burgundi, red-violet colour) just stay arround, they kiked the allmani but really late and they just now moving to italy. I have defeated the allemani after they setteled in melodianum, now they are a horde again...

Hmm well maybe i have a installbug or smth. because this all seems to be a little strange. My armys got never on rationating, does this feature not exist in
    RR?!
    Is it intentionally that the unitvariaty is not really big?! If i think about IJ there so much more different untis of same type, i liked it very much.
    Hmm...maybe you have some comments on that.

This should not be a negative crit of the mod. I like the start situation very much and the weaknis of the empire is very realistic. But i thought i will die in this campaign and now its not that bad. Im a little bit shoked about that.

And a last question, why my citys dont grow even if i have the 3 upgrate on fieldwork and the city has only 13 thousand inhabitants?!
    1-let's face it: h/vh is not a good idea. it unbalances your game.
    2-imperium constantinum (the aralete people), were historically pretty hard pressed. it shouldn't be a real problem dealing with them.
    3-its pretty random: the Goths will do whatever rocks their boat.
    4-rationing is not in this version of RR 7.0. besides, its clear from what you say that you are rarely far from your borders. why should your army have to ration?
    5-its an earlier version of RR; 8.0 will have more variety. IJ was like this back in 2.0, but was changed in 3.0. similar changes are planned in RR 8.0
    6-actually, 13,000 is pretty big by IBFD RR standards. that, and you probably have your taxes too high, have bad governors, or both. doesn't help that you play on the difficulty level you are on atm.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Why it disbalance my game if i play on h/vh?! I have now the year 430 and 3 fieldarmys. Rock the whole barbarians they just lose against my elite forces. On normal it would be easier.

I have a question containing the layout. Why i have on loadingscreen and on game menu the headline: Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei
    Why there is not Ruina Romae?!

Why it disbalance my game if i play on h/vh?! I have now the year 430 and 3 fieldarmys. Rock the whole barbarians they just lose against my elite forces. On normal it would be easier.

I have a question containing the layout. Why i have on loadingscreen and on game menu the headline: Invasio Barbarorum Flagellum Dei
    Why there is not Ruina Romae?!
    Don't worry about it. Flagellum Dei was the name of the mod when v7 was released. It changed to Ruina Romae after that.

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    1-let's face it: h/vh is not a good idea. it unbalances your game.
    2-imperium constantinum (the aralete people), were historically pretty hard pressed. it shouldn't be a real problem dealing with them.
    3-its pretty random: the Goths will do whatever rocks their boat.
    4-rationing is not in this version of RR 7.0. besides, its clear from what you say that you are rarely far from your borders. why should your army have to ration?
    5-its an earlier version of RR; 8.0 will have more variety. IJ was like this back in 2.0, but was changed in 3.0. similar changes are planned in RR 8.0
    6-actually, 13,000 is pretty big by IBFD RR standards. that, and you probably have your taxes too high, have bad governors, or both. doesn't help that you play on the difficulty level you are on atm.
    Very good answers, thanks!

Well why h/vh disbalance the game!?

Well why h/vh disbalance the game!?
    I think you have to settle for: that's just the way it is.

LOL, i just want to hear from you why you think so, because i even dont really know the differences of normal hard or vh. Ok hard ist more difficult than normal, but what changes in the game, that its more hard?!

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

LOL, i just want to hear from you why you think so, because i even dont really know the differences of normal hard or vh. Ok hard ist more difficult than normal, but what changes in the game, that its more hard?!

well, I'll have to explain that in detail:

the games stats in most mods are tweaked almost exclusively for Medium difficulty (in battle). campagn can be balanced for either M or H. changing difficulty thus unbalaances the game,, creating a pretty annoying (or boring) game experience.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Mostly the AI-controlled factions act very stupid (and so being boring).

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Icon5 Re: My campaign some questions

moved my post
    Last edited by Taco Santa; April 26, 2010 at 05:19 PM.