Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed

matija191's Avatar Senator

Default Help needed

Hi!
    Gentlemen I need help!
    If anyone has informations or pictures of croatian army from the year 1300. to 1500.
    The croatian and western hungarian armies were basicly the same, so the pictures of hunagrians will so be helpfull.For good informations and piictures I give rep+!

sorry for my english

Default Re: Help needed

well
    I don't want to be rude, but there weren't croatian army in that period. There were army's of the cratian ban, but in terms that was the king's army too.
    If you tell me exactly what you need I can send you images. Also, as I know you work for Tsardoms right?

Quote Originally Posted by dome View Post
    well
    I don't want to be rude, but there weren't croatian army in that period. There were army's of the cratian ban, but in terms that was the king's army too.
    If you tell me exactly what you need I can send you images. Also, as I know you work for Tsardoms right?
    True.They were the army of Kingdom Croatia and Dalmatia under Croatian ban and army of Kingdom of Slavonia under Slavonian ban.Ofcourse they were also an armies of croatian noblemen´s and royal banderium.

Well I need almost everything.Send everything you have, of course, unless is too big job for you.
    I need mostly pictures of warriors, knights, cavalry, crossbowmen etc.All except pictures of szeklers and cumans.

Sorry for my english.

do you work for tsardoms?

d.

do you work for tsardoms?

d.
    he want to make his croatian faction for himself , and we in Patria Libera would provide him place in our "minor faction list", idk if hes active on tsardoms forums also

btw: we´ve deleted slovakian palatinate dome

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    he want to make his croatian faction for himself , and we in Patria Libera would provide him place in our "minor faction list", idk if hes active on tsardoms forums also

It´sall said, dome.

why? I thought that your goal is to represents this state

why? I thought that your goal is to represents this state
    no it wasnt

btw we only changed the name to Terra Mathei and its in choosable factions not main list

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

well
    Speaking of which (apologies if you have already answered this question elsewhere) but will there be any Croatian units in the roster?
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

in that name, no. But they are represanteted in many units, like light lancers, spearmen, crossbows etc. It would be shown in the description

in that name, no. But they are represanteted in many units, like light lancers, spearmen, crossbows etc. It would be shown in the description
    Great!

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

The Croatian soldiers didn't had a typical look or weaponry. This representation means some helmets, motifs and coat of arms. Some knights for example will have Croatian coat of arms but I'm afraid only a little percent of the players will identify them because of the lack of knowledge. The same with the Hungarian COAs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Csatádi View Post
    The Croatian soldiers didn't had a typical look or weaponry. This representation means some helmets, motifs and coat of arms. Some knights for example will have Croatian coat of arms but I'm afraid only a little percent of the players will identify them because of the lack of knowledge. The same with the Hungarian COAs anyway.
    Thats good though because its historically accurate. I admit I have a fondness for Croatia and Croatians, but in the end there is no point wasting energy over representing a region. Particularly if the soldiers from that region would not have looked very different.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

as a man said, Croats didn had specific look, and looked like most other central and western european peoples, thats cause of Franks, they have made standard, and everyone ( western and central Europe) followed the standard

Croats had strong infantry, mostly armed with swords, axes and spears, lightly and medium armored

best part of the army- the nobility- fought as cavalary, light-medium-and heavy cavalary- they also fought dismounted sometimes

the archers were average, and mostly unarmored, but their numbers in the army were limited

this is from Ian Heath's book about medieval warfare, its about defeat of Mongols in mountains of Croatia
    Last edited by Hrobatos; April 24, 2010 at 08:57 AM.

okay but what is the diffrence? we wrote the same, and in our roster ,crats has exactly those units, exept axeman.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

oh, I wrote it for matija191, he's making a Croatian faction is some mod, he should know what kind of troops to make

those axemen from vanilla are completely wrong, they have wrong cloth, they should wear some armor, chainmail,helmets, and one-handed axes and shields, not two handed axes

and for those Bosnian archer, I never heard of some specific bosnian archers...I dont know how CA got to that idea

osprey

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    and for those Bosnian archer, I never heard of some specific bosnian archers...I dont know how CA got to that idea
    well, there is no specific bosnian archers, but in bosnia and serbia most of the peasants were archers. that's why serbian soldiers had strong neck protections.
    yes, osprey shows bosnian archers, but they took it form medieval bosnian stecak
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ak_stecci3.jpg

and about CA balkan units, they have just copied already done units. that croat axemen are i think some polish troop two handed axemen, also serbian knight is actually regular knight for every western faction, same as for bosnian archers...
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    that Croat Axemen are i think some polish troop two handed axemen,
    Oh no! No, no! Look at croat axemen face - it is typical South European face, I mean the skin complexion is pretty dark. Poles/western Slavs got much brighter skin (though sometimes I wish I was at least a bit darker ). Also the Croat Axemen clothes and hats are not typical for western Slavs too.

BTW the only unit in Polish roster that got the same face as Croat Axemen is Hussars, but early light Hussars (the same that we have in M2) in Polish army were of Balkan origin so this is correct.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; April 25, 2010 at 03:28 AM.

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Oh no! No, no! Look at croat axemen face - it is typical South European face, I mean the skin complexion is pretty dark. Poles/western Slavs got much brighter skin (though sometimes I wish I was at least a bit darker ). Also the Croat Axemen clothes and hats are not typical for western Slavs too.

BTW the only unit in Polish roster that got the same face as Croat Axemen is Hussars, but early light Hussars (the same that we have in M2) in Polish army were of Balkan origin so this is correct.
    i've said "i think". i wasn't so sure.
    yep, then it is the model from Hussars or whatever. but i say that it is copy of some unit
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast