Thread: Changing Unit Sizes

Praepositus
    Citizen

Default Changing Unit Sizes

Hello

I have changed the unit sizes of some British Units in units_stats_land (in my own mod.pack of course).Everything works fine, the units are recruitable in their new sizes, but the starting armies are the old size.

Is there some way to rectify this?

Thanks

Default Re: Changing Unit Sizes

I believe you can only edit starting armies sizes by editing the size in the .ESF file. Check the thread here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339181
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Praepositus
    Citizen

Thanks

You're welcome.
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

You can also accomplish unit resizing in the preferences script as well.

That is true. But then you will still have two different sizes for the same unit when starting out. The starting armies unit size X (y) multiplier and the different unit size in buildings recruitment X (y) multiplier. So starting vanilla army line unit is 160 ( I think) and I use a 1.25 multiplier that gets me 200 men per unit to start. But if my new unit size for recruitment is, say, 200 then you will have 200 X 1.25 which will give you 250 men per newly built unit.
    It is a pain to edit the .esf files though so I personally just live with the difference and wait for the mods to be updated with the new .esf someday haha.

How can i create my own mod pack and then create the script for it so i can edit all the units.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Maybe by not hijacking a thread and looking in the tutorials section.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
    Maybe by not hijacking a thread and looking in the tutorials section.
    I looked through several threads and have not been able to find Tutorials for making mod packs.I am not hijacking anything because the reason for my question is to mod unit sizes,limits and other changes.
    Last edited by OSDEA7; April 09, 2010 at 12:20 AM.

1200 posts and you've never modded and can't find the right board?

Here you go. From the NTW Tools, Tutorials & Resources board.
    How to make a MOD

Make a new thread in this board or the Miscellanenous one if you have more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartras View Post
    1200 posts and you've never modded and can't find the right board?

Here you go. From the NTW Tools, Tutorials & Resources board.
    How to make a MOD

Make a new thread in this board or the Miscellanenous one if you have more questions.
    Most of my posts are for Medieval II and Third age.I have just started with ETW and just recently NTW.

Thanks for the link.

Szun's Avatar Miles

little trick to get your starting troops up to the size you edited in 'unit_stas_land'

open the preferance.txt
    change line 9 to:

campaign_unit_multiplier 0.999; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #

you have the same size starting troops as your modded ones

(took me a while to figure that out)

no need to fuzz with .esf files

p.s. 1 or 1.0 will put them do default settings , 2.0 will double the size to the stats in 'unit_stats_land' so 0.999 is the only way since the game rounds up to full men in unit you end up with the ones you want.

enjoy
    Last edited by Szun; April 22, 2010 at 10:47 PM.