Thread: French Line Infantry can skirmish too

Foederatus

Default French Line Infantry can skirmish too

Has anyone tried modifying French Line Infantry so they can skirmish too, similar to the Chasseurs? The Napoleon Empire Realism mod has given the Chasseurs the ability to form square but what would the game play effect be of all French infantry being able to adopt skirmish formation?

Default Re: French Line Infantry can skirmish too

skirmish is something different than what you are referring to which is light infantry behavior (where the units spread out and kneel and stay low to the ground)

NER mod actually gives the young guard light infantry behavior.

giving units the ability to skirmish means that as long as a soldier has line of sight he will fire his weapon.

platinum's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ranoncles View Post
    Has anyone tried modifying French Line Infantry so they can skirmish too, similar to the Chasseurs? The Napoleon Empire Realism mod has given the Chasseurs the ability to form square but what would the game play effect be of all French infantry being able to adopt skirmish formation?
    quite easy bro.if you want ,i could teach u ,send me the email.not mention the skir.they will put the stake.or light infantry behaviour.and throw the gre.
    God wills it

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

It works very well actually, and is historically accurate. I don't know how to do it, but it does work. The AI doesn't really use it, but you can.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!