Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WORLD MAP. YAY! or NAY!?????? (and help please)

Default WORLD MAP. YAY! or NAY!?????? (and help please)

Okay, I just installed the game with 1.03 update and the translation and...I can't help but notice the main menu has no text or anything on it. All the bars are literally blank so I just kinda guess where stuff is.

and one complaint which is MAJOR to me

the World map.

everyone, Yay or Nay?

I think its boring, i expected way more to be done with the kingdoms map expansion. Why not make ulthuan and naggoroth and lustria across the ocean? Why not add the skaven?

Even as a respresentation of the Old world it seems poor. They should expand it and include Tilea, Estalia, Wood Elves, Bretonnia (the whole country), Albion, maybe even Cathay and Nippon, Araby! Stuff like that. We don't need all these empire factions, why not just 3 empire factions (like rome total war's vanilla roman factions, that was cool) and have them all working in unison? This is just my opinion, but what do all of you think?

BTW, I LOVE the mod other than that, great job!

on the world map, I say lets work on it, Make it better, ideas anyone?

I say to the current world map.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: WORLD MAP. YAY! or NAY!?????? (and help please)

There are a few projects already working on a larger map. Check the sub-mod and suggestion forums for Cry of Havoc and Larger Map respectively. Also, did you download all of the translations, not just the 1.03 one?

Btw, Welcome to the forums!

M2TW is terribly limited in what you can do and the scope you can provide. For instance: The hardcoded limit regarding the number of cultures you can have. I know it's just your opinion, but seriously, and Empire representation without all of the Provinces being represented is NOT the Empire, so I think the team has done very well with it. The map is limited in scope because CoW is not a Grand Campaign style, open-sandbox, world-spanning game. The team has chosen to focus the first chapter of their game on a specific place in WH history/lore (The Storm of Chaos) and the entire world representation is not needed for that.

They have made it clear that the map will be expanded and new factions will be available when new chapters are released.

I also would love to see the grand-open-sandbox world sub-mod but I'm actually not too keen on the ones that are in the works. They seem to want to mess with the balance and unit stats far too much rather than just expanding the scope of the game.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    There are a few projects already working on a larger map. Check the sub-mod and suggestion forums for Cry of Havoc and Larger Map respectively. Also, did you download all of the translations, not just the 1.03 one?

Btw, Welcome to the forums!
    Why are you talking with him? I just wanna say "go out stupid troll" ( iwanna say more, but i have good education)....

Already warned TWC admins
    Last edited by Werebear; April 02, 2010 at 03:59 PM.

Citizen

I'm sorry. I'm just the kind of person that very rarely gets angry at others, especially when I know it's just a matter of opinion. I try my best not to get mad at others since I know I wouldn't like others yelling at me.

I understand his post didn't have a very nice tone to it, but once again, it's an opinion.

Troll? I really don't understand how. I was in a little bit of a poor mood when I wrote that I guess but I didn't intend to get interpreted like that.

I just wanted to start a legitimate discussion about the map. The forums here (especially the 50pageplus threads) get tedious to look through, so I thought I'd just start my own.

and thanks I'll try downloading the other translations. I just assumed that the most updated one would be all that was needed. Poor assumption.

Citizen

It's fine. I hope you enjoy the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer88 View Post
    I think its boring, i expected way more to be done with the kingdoms map expansion. Why not make ulthuan and naggoroth and lustria across the ocean? Why not add the skaven?

Even as a respresentation of the Old world it seems poor. They should expand it and include Tilea, Estalia, Wood Elves, Bretonnia (the whole country), Albion, maybe even Cathay and Nippon, Araby! Stuff like that. We don't need all these empire factions, why not just 3 empire factions (like rome total war's vanilla roman factions, that was cool) and have them all working in unison?
    What we can to discuss after that??

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm just the kind of person that very rarely gets angry at others, especially when I know it's just a matter of opinion. I try my best not to get mad at others since I know I wouldn't like others yelling at me.

I understand his post didn't have a very nice tone to it, but once again, it's an opinion.
    you shouldn't apologize comrade! You one of the best, respectful and kind member of community. You just sometime too kind...

probably a little too harsh with that

im still having problems seeing any of the menu settings. I just click on the first one then the second one then i get grand campaign.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    you shouldn't apologize comrade! You one of the best, respectful and kind member of community. You just sometime too kind...
    Thank you. That means a lot.

probably a little too harsh with that

im still having problems seeing any of the menu settings. I just click on the first one then the second one then i get grand campaign.
    Try downloading the text file attached to this post. Delete the "text" folder in your "teutonic/data" folder and extract the attached text folder to your "teutonic/data" folder.

that worked! thanks a ton!

Citizen

No problem! I'm always here to help

Isi got right... gamer posts are stupid - u don't know how much work cow team did to make this ''boring'' mod so stfu -make better if u don't like this one.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

whats that larger map pack you were talking about? I found the cry of havoc but can't find the larger map mod.

EDIT:
    I apologize for implying this game is anything other than badass. I've been playing it nonstop all day.

Reading "The Shadow King" by Gav Thorpe about the sundering, thats why I want Ulthuan on there so bad.

and wondering do I have everything unlocked? I could have swore to have seen pictures of the tome kings on screen shots and yet I don't see them in the campaign. Future release maybe?
    Last edited by Beregond; April 03, 2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: use EDIT button, please ;)

Okay, I just installed the game with 1.03 update and the translation and...I can't help but notice the main menu has no text or anything on it. All the bars are literally blank so I just kinda guess where stuff is.

and one complaint which is MAJOR to me

the World map.

everyone, Yay or Nay?

Even as a respresentation of the Old world it seems poor. They should expand it and include Tilea, Estalia, Wood Elves, Bretonnia (the whole country), Albion, maybe even Cathay and Nippon, Araby! Stuff like that. We don't need all these empire factions, why not just 3 empire factions (like rome total war's vanilla roman factions, that was cool) and have them all working in unison? This is just my opinion, but what do all of you think?

BTW, I LOVE the mod other than that, great job!

on the world map, I say lets work on it, Make it better, ideas anyone?

I say to the current world map.
    Man this is the most non boring mod in the world! Map is just great and empire factions too. A lot of empire factions are great help too. After chaos unites you are doomed if not they. For each factions you have different invasions I didn't feel boring at all whit all factions. ANd after new patch this mod will be real king . I am playing russian version so menu is fine there.

whats that larger map pack you were talking about? I found the cry of havoc but can't find the larger map mod.
    Go back and read over the posts again. I don't believe anyone said a larger campaign map was available and ready.

There was a thread where someone was interested in making a larger map - they specifically created an account on here to outline their plan, but then they never logged back in. I was interested in working with the mapper, but there was no reply, obviously.

I'm about 60% working through the Cry Havoc campaign map. Nothing major, still M2 vanilla factions at the moment, (due to being so different, I started from scratch) but it's on it's way to being Alpha Released in the next few weeks.

[ Cry Havoc:: ] - [ link ] - [ An Expanded World Submod for Call of Warhammer ]
    My turban brings all the muslims to the yard and they're like العنصرية ش

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd be more interested in multiple campaigns than a larger map. As The Holy Pilgrim pointed out, Med2 limits the maximum size of the map and I wouldn't want to see a small scale. The scale is fine as It is.

I already proposed 4 campaigns technically based on the 4 kg ones & accessible by the CoW main menu. It's possible, other mods did it.
    - Teutonic = already done = Chaos Storm, 1.4 in progress
    - Crusades = Eternal Sand = the South, feat. Tomb Kings, Estalia & Tilea, Araby, Orcs, etc. (maybe brand new Skavens?)
    - Britannia = Into the West = Naggaroth (DE) & Asur (HE) + Bretonnia, Sylvan Elves, Orcs, Beasties etc.
    - Americas = jungles of Lustria = 2 or 3 Lizardmen factions (brand new, lot of modelling) vs. Estalian Conquistadores (=New Spain), DE (=France), HE (=England) etc.

Note that there's a lot of copy/paste that will save a LOT of time. I know that new mapping & unit modelling will be a lot of work but IMo it worth it. I could participate in May if the CoW team wants it. Team, let me know by PM if you're interested on a collab for one of those campaigns.

@ Ostrogoth: It depends on which faction you play. Ex=the current Dark Elf campaign is pointless & boring (+unfinished interface), while Orcs & Goblins are super fun if you passe the first 10-20 turns & succeed in wiping out those beardy midgets. About the Dwarves, they could be great but they become quite boring too (besieged everywhere, blocked) the opposite being Chaos, always on the offensive. I never liked the Empire on WH games so I can't tell... please bring Bretonnia! Also, Sylvania is very interesting but should be allied with Chaos because their position becomes impossible to maintain after turn 40-50 (let alone the money issue) = even when they succeed vs. Imperials (like I did) then they get wiped out by those Chaos Undiv. hordes coming from nowhere. They're baddies too! Let Chaos trash Imperials, dwarves & elves! undeads already have enough enemies to deal with. A few issues I noted.

Now don't get me wrong this is a GREAT campaign, very well scripted, but IMO some small factions need rebalance & minor changes to be really interesting.
    Last edited by Big Pacha; April 05, 2010 at 11:28 AM.

Yea I would love to have one campaign with one map and every single faction on it because that would be pure awesome, however the team has decided to divide the map in pieces with campaigns and I am fine with that as well. There is no need to dump on this great mod team because they are constructing their mod in a way that doesn't fit either your liking or patience. You can't rush them, what they do takes time and at the end of it all we will all be satisfied.

I personally will wait until they finish the campaigns one by one. However, I hope they do the Bretonnian one next. *crosses fingers*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast