Thread: what i would like to see in v8

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Default what i would like to see in v8

what i dont like in many mod is when they dont give you the fridom to change history .what i mean .in this mod huns is a nomad faction but if you want to make attila's dreams of creating an empire then how are you going to capture rome and if you do this how are you goin to defend it with horse,i bet not.so what i am suggesting the huns have something like a reform that when you capture some great cities like the roman you should get some new building and most importantly you get new troops.of course i am not suggesting huns to have legionaries but some medium hunic troops and few romanized troops as mercenary mercenary , a new tech tree in those cities .of course my sugestion is only a suggestion.also what is the most stable script(sack of rome,4y script?)
    Last edited by clone; April 01, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Default Re: what i would like to see in v8

There's AOR and mercenaries.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

The Huns used their Germanic subjects as soldiers, it wasn't all screaming hordes of horse archers, Its after the death of Attila and the subsequent civil war that we see many of these Germanic subjects break free and establish themselves on the seen.ie the Gepids and Ostrogoths.So as said the AOR troops and mercs would best represent this I would of thought. It is also noted after Attilas personality was no more how quickly the Empire fell apart, which I believe tells us that these subject troops were far from willing to fight for their Hunni masters .

Signature made by Joar

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Attila's empire fell apart because the extreme opression shown by him was lacking under the leadership and civil wars of his sons. Attila's army of chalons was almost entirely barbarian, with maybe 50000 huns he had stupidly placed in the center of his formation where it was hard for horses to maneuvoure. The huns had an empire from the caspian to the atlantic, from the danube to the baltic, and the majority of attila's army was slavic, sarmatian, and german. not hun.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

I agree with everything said but dont worry even 7.0 had units like that and this one will to.
    IBFD is a great kind of what if mod with many units of AOR and mercs many of them roman. matter of fact alot of times you can hire a damn near full roman army in right places. in 7.0 the huns had a very wide selection of units from light to heavy. same go's for allmost all factions.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"