Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How to add an existing unit to another faction

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: How to add an existing unit to another faction

Quote Originally Posted by Killheart901 View Post
    How do i uninstall patch 1.2??? lol thats a stupid question....
    The easiest way is reinstall the game.

When i try to uninstall the game though, it doesnt let me because it says the CD installs an earlier version of the game (1.00) and that (1.02) needs to be uninstalled first before i can uninstall the main game.

Uninstall it in Control Panel.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Edit: helps to read all the posts until the end before answering

You don't - you have to re-install everything.

- Uninstall the complete game via uninstaller
    - Check for remaining entries in the original folders (default is program files\SEGA I believe) and in the Virtual store if you are running vista or windows7
    - Restart your PC to remove incorrect registry entries from memory
    - Re-install.

Check in the Technical Forum for the correct sequence.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 20, 2010 at 02:52 AM.

I haved been messing around with adding different units to Scotland's roster of late becaue I have grown tired of using some of their units, I just feel like they are kinda bland. Anyway, one of my experiments was to include the St. Lazarus knights (dismounted and mounted) on the Scottish roster just for something different I suppose; I follwed the instructions on the first page and it appeared at the genesis of the experiement that things would work out. But that was short lived, I have found that I am missing the horse textures from the ST. Lazarus knights which would make it tuff to play obviously haha. The dismounted knights work great until I try an amour upgrade in a custom battle and then they have the same problem as my ghost horse knights, transparentcy would have been quite an advantage for medieval warfare.. Is there any solution to getting these texture files in the models straightened out or are these units incompatable? If the are incompatable, What units could I use(preferably calvary) that would change up Scotland's roster without having to take on the the daunting task of texture editing or something equated.

cheers, using SS 6.3 by the way...This text below looks like a file I need for getting the horses to show up, just have no clue what to do?

.80 unit_models/Mounts/Alt_Barded_Horse/textures/SS_Alt_barded_horse_lazarus.texture

steve
    Last edited by stevehoos; December 28, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post

recruit_pool "Ostmen" 1 0.4 2 1 requires factions { ireland, }
    recruit_pool "Ostmen" 1 0.9 2 1 requires factions { england, } and I_SettlementOwner Donegal = england

If this allowed?
    No you have to assign a counter corresponding to that condition.

Hi, I have problem. Like in the tutorial I tried to enable Levy Spearmen for Egypt. And when I've done it, while starting custom battle game crashes.Pls help!Tnx in advance

Hi, I'm trying to do this on the TATW mod. Afaik it's the same thing.

I've done the first step:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12 silvan_spear
    1 1
    50 unit_models/_units/my_units/silvan_spear_lod0.mesh 6400
    7 mongols
    62 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_archer_silvan.texture
    67 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_archer_silvan_norm.texture
    44 unit_sprites/mongols_silvan_spear_sprite.spr
    9 byzantium
    62 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_archer_silvan.texture
    67 unit_models/_units/my_units/textures/elf_archer_silvan_norm.texture
    44 unit_sprites/mongols_silvan_spear_sprite.spr
    7 mongols
    65 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_fyrd3.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_fyrd3_normal.texture 0
    9 byzantium
    65 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_fyrd3.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_fyrd3_normal.texture 0
    4 None
    10 MTW2_Spear
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary
    14 fs_test_shield
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

I've changed the edu:

type Silvan Spear
    dictionary Silvan_Spear ; Silvan Spearmen
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Silvan_Spear, 48, 0, 1
    officer silvan_captain_early_flag
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    move_speed_mod 1.1
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health 2, 3
    stat_pri 9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 3, 6, 4, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 1, 0, 2, -1
    stat_mental 10, normal, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 470, 190, 65, 65, 470, 4, 100
    armour_ug_levels 1, 2
    armour_ug_models Silvan_Spear, Silvan_Spear_upg
    ownership mongols, byzantium
    era 0 mongols, byzantium
    era 1 mongols, byzantium
    era 2 mongols, byzantium
    recruit_priority_offset 5

And I've moved the two cards:

Problem is, I get this:

Have I done anything wrong? The only thing I can think of is I accidently made it so the battle_models.modelbd opens as a notepad file.

@Michelangelo, what does the log say?

@Milanista91, what does the log say? I thought TATW EDU slots were already maxxed.

Nevermind now.After I had realised that game crashes every time and not just in vanilla i reinstalled it. But thanks anyway...

Winrich_von_Kniprode's Avatar Laetus

hello,

got a slight niggle here: in tatw 2.1 i added kataphracts to arnor, which does work fine in custom battles, apart from the standard bearer who is nowhere to be found. i'm not sure how this model is allocated to units in-game, so i thought, one of the experts might be able to help me out. any info would be much appreciated.

also, for the campaign: in the edb-file i have this line:

recruit_pool "Kataphracts" 1 0.12 2 0 requires factions { venice, } and region_religion catholic 70 and not event_counter go_totalrecruitment 1

due to the factions having different religions (arnor has another addendum rhun lacks on top of that) i guess i can't use the solution from page 1 (just adding the faction name in the brackets). is there any way around this problem?
    Last edited by Winrich_von_Kniprode; March 01, 2011 at 06:38 PM.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    I haved been messing around with adding different units to Scotland's roster of late becaue I have grown tired of using some of their units, I just feel like they are kinda bland. Anyway, one of my experiments was to include the St. Lazarus knights (dismounted and mounted) on the Scottish roster just for something different I suppose; I follwed the instructions on the first page and it appeared at the genesis of the experiement that things would work out. But that was short lived, I have found that I am missing the horse textures from the ST. Lazarus knights which would make it tuff to play obviously haha. The dismounted knights work great until I try an amour upgrade in a custom battle and then they have the same problem as my ghost horse knights, transparentcy would have been quite an advantage for medieval warfare.. Is there any solution to getting these texture files in the models straightened out or are these units incompatable? If the are incompatable, What units could I use(preferably calvary) that would change up Scotland's roster without having to take on the the daunting task of texture editing or something equated.

cheers, using SS 6.3 by the way...This text below looks like a file I need for getting the horses to show up, just have no clue what to do?

.80 unit_models/Mounts/Alt_Barded_Horse/textures/SS_Alt_barded_horse_lazarus.texture

steve
    I am having a similar problem with SS6.4, Scholarii for Sicily. The men comeout great but the horses are transparent. If the byzantine horses do not work/are incompatible, is there a way to use another armored horse?? the Kwarizian Merc horses are the same except for the sable colors. Or is there another file that needs editing as stevehoos is asking?? (the one he referenced is encripted so not editable by us dark age programers!) Thanks for any help.

Thanks for this great tutorial nontheless as it has worked well for foot troops.
    Last edited by gilgalad; March 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Check the EDU for that mounted unit and see which mount type it is using. Then in the BMDB see if the faction entry for the mount exists or not.

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Check the EDU for that mounted unit and see which mount type it is using. Then in the BMDB see if the faction entry for the mount exists or not.
    Indeed Sir, your sagicity in the training of military forces is most providencial. I had thought I could find the mount file and copy it into sicly folder but my thinking was in error. I managed to add the wonderful Cataphratoi to Sicily and using your method added the captain and standard bearer as well (the mount was called ~"cataphrat armored horse" in EDU but ~"easterned armored horse" in the BMDB--I suppose it is renamed in one of the encrypted files? no matter as I divined the difference that is in actuality an equal).

The shields, saddles, and strips on the horse armor are different; no girlie eastern purple, but manly green and brown instead, as a proper Norman Knight should have!

The test battle got pretty nasty (images attached). I was behind mid-way thru the fight but a brilliant regroup and recharge proved the difference. Still, the end was 4 to 1 remaining between the evenly matched equestrian tanks; not good for Sicily of Rome's wives back home.

I have added a few new units to Sicily--the military whores of medieval Europe: Prussian Axemen, Prussian Auxilary, Breton Light Cavalry; Armenian Infantry, Archers, and Cavalry with byzantine captain & standard (I imagine them as Armenian Christians); Norse Axemen; Saracen mercs and Kwarizimian merc cavalry (representing the "saracens" in sicilian bodyguard, a trend the papacy detested so much); These units fit great with Sicily and the Armenians look like lesser Norman Knights with their full mail. And, of course, the Scholarii/Cataphratoi that I plan to train in a similar way as in Constantinople but in Corinth/Andravidha or Athens once the Latin East emerges from my brilliant generalship. I may try to use the Military Academy for this. I seems it should be used to train an elite unit.

And I will have a look at your Power Centre mod for this Ishan. Thank you Stephan and Ishan and all noblemen, and fair The well in your campaigns!!

_____
    Getting the hang of this quickly. I thought I would include this editing tale here as some may find it helpful. Sicily Armored Sergeants look ok but I thought I would add Order Sergeants at higher level building recruitment. I discovered an alternate texture I am sure many of you know about, maybe it is from vanilla or other mod?? Pics attached are as follows 1-5:

3: Sicily Armored Sergeants: normal (SS 6.4)

4: HRE Armored Sergeants

5: Teutonic Order Sergeants

...Then I started editing Sicily.

6: Sicily Armored Sergeants (right) and Sicily Order Sergeants with the alternate texture (left)

...So I looked in the BMDB and noticed the "armored_sergeants" and "armored_sergeants_ug1" use different files for each faction. Changing these, and adding the captain for the Order Sergeants to Sicily as well, finally gives Sicily's Order Sergeants the same look as the Teutonics, except fot the shields, which leads to my ?? in the next post.

7: Sicily Order Sergeants fully edited

...but I like the alternate look (for now) so I will keep that and so have 2 different looking armored spears at fortress level to recruit.

_____
    Ok, so how do you change weapons and shields?? I think I need to change what is listed in the BMDB after the unit, but is there more involved?? I will find out .... NO, that does not change appeance at all. The one I really have in mind is Militia Sergeants changing the weapon to the one used by the Templar Guard (they just look for realistic).

Both pictured: 8 & 9.
    Last edited by gilgalad; March 19, 2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Triple Post

Quote Originally Posted by gilgalad View Post
    Ok, so how do you change weapons and shields??
    You have finished this level. Move on to something advanced now for such a thing, Click on my tutorials> Doctoring of medieval 2 units on my sig below.

hi

so i'm new here thats my first post and i have to say a big thanks to all modders for all you do !
    so i'm playnig TATW v2.0 and i would like to add the Isengard Warg raiders to Mordor but i'm still paining at the first step ^^
    i couldnt find the wargs in the file
    i'm doing Ctrl+f but it cant find
    i dont kno in wich faction(M2TW faction not TATW it is originally based )
    so if you can help me thanks a lot and keep going like that

Those wargs units must have a different name in the modeldb file open the export_units.txt file in the data\text folder and then find the real name from there inside the "{xyz}Warg raiders" brackets.

ok so i think you are speaking about this
    type Wargs
    dictionary Wargs ; Wargs
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Warg_riders, 24, 0, 1
    officer isengard_captain_early_flag
    mount warg_camel
    mount_effect elephant -4, horse +2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted
    move_speed_mod 1.1
    formation 3, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square ;2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health 1, 3
    stat_pri 5, 10, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 6, 6, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground -1, -1, -3, -2
    stat_mental 12, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 720, 270, 75, 75, 720, 3, 170
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models Warg_riders, Warg_riders_upg
    ownership france
    era 0 france
    era 1 france
    era 2 france
    recruit_priority_offset 20

so at the end it mention france so tha wargs are from these faction right? but there isnt the real name of the unit.
    thanks

ok thats done !
    i've added the wargs riders to mordo each for custom battles and campaign thanks so much
    but i just realised that mordor doesen't have any stables ! i think that it would be important to precise it in the tutorial no?
    thanks a lot all

You have to add ownership to mordor faction for stables in EDB file aka export_descr_buildings.txt file.
    Find the tutorial for it from the index.