Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How to add an existing unit to another faction

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to add an existing unit to another faction

Quote Originally Posted by adamobarca View Post
    Hi Team,

After editing the battle_models.modeldb file with notepad, how do you save it as a modeldb file and not as a text file? Sorry for the newbie question & thank you so much for your help!
    Simply press Ctrl+S - that will save it with the same name and extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamobarca View Post
    Hi guys, I am trying to add lancers to HRE. I noticed in stainless steel 6.3 the lancer unit card in data/ui/units is missing (in france folder) although the lancer unit info card is available in the data/ui/units_info.

In my game i can build lancers now while playing as HRE, but in the campaign mode when I'm trying to recruit them, they look like peasants with short daggers--i.e. their unit card in the citadel shows a peasant...not a lancer...LOL...
    The unit card is missing in the faction's ui\unit_info and\or ui\units folder

Hey guys, I am trying to add Cossack musketeers to the Wallachian faction in clouds across Europe mod version 1.4 extended, but I am having massive difficulties to add those units in the battle_models.modelbd file. This is the code:

18 cossack_musketeers 1 3 66 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_lod0.mesh 121 66 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_lod1.mesh 1225 66 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_lod2.mesh 6400 1 6 russia 77 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/textures/mtw2_EE_Peasant_russia.texture 77 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/textures/mtw2_EE_Peasant_normal.texture 49 unit_sprites/russia_Cossack_Musketeers_sprite.spr 1 6 russia 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_russia_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_russia_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 16 MTW2_Fast_Musket 20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 19 MTW2_Musket_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002 22 cossack_musketeers_ug1 1 3 70 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_ug1_lod0.mesh 121 70 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_ug1_lod1.mesh 1225 70 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/cossack_musketeers_ug1_lod2.mesh 6400 1 6 russia 77 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/textures/mtw2_EE_Peasant_russia.texture 77 unit_models/_Units/EE_Peasant_Leather/textures/mtw2_EE_Peasant_normal.texture 53 unit_sprites/russia_Cossack_Musketeers_ug1_sprite.spr 1 6 russia 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_russia_diff.texture 68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European CB Gun_russia_norm.texture 0 1 4 None 16 MTW2_Fast_Musket 20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1 19 MTW2_Musket_Primary 1 18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 16

Please help me!!!! !'m in such a sticky situation!!!!
    P.s an you also have naval units in the battle_models.modelbd file, because, zeph didn't bother to add any carracks to wallachia. phht!
    Thanks so much for the help and support guys!!!!!!

Blog Entries

The entry for the ug1 model is incomplete - it has to go until the closing line:
    -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

Omg omg mg, thanks so much!,!
    and I got the shops working tooooooooooo
    ahhhhhh
    thanks you so much

I mean ships

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Could anyone be so kind to post the lines for adding Highland Nobles (scottish 2-h swordsmen) to England? I need it for SS 6.4 if that makes any difference.
    I did try to do it myself but failed terribly and acctualy killed the game

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

If the Highland Nobles exist in the EDU, you would need to add England to the ownership line(s) for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    If the Highland Nobles exist in the EDU, you would need to add England to the ownership line(s) for starters.
    Right, sorry I wasn't very specific, i needed only the code lines for battle_models file.

But I've done it myself now, this thread was a bit more clear than the one I looked into before. So thanks.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Clone the scotland lines or learn to make your own textures. There are no Highland textures for England any other way.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Hello

I'm trying to alter a unit from Third Age Total War, essentially I'm trying to swap a units clothing/armour texture and mesh with another units clothing/armour. I've been 50% successful in this endeavour in that I can swap an entire unit model with another and it even uses the new animations i.e. spear instead of a sword despite the entry still saying
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14 MTW2_Swordsman 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

but I want to preserve the units equipment/animations while replacing their armour not both. Is there a way to go about this?
    This is the first time I've really edited the this file so I'm a little confused.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Blog Entries

The animation is controlled via the model in the 'soldier' line in the EDU. Change the model in that line and you change the animation for the model(s) in the armour_ug_models line.

Can someone assist with the below? I have followed the tutorial and thought I have done everything right but game crashes on start-up. I looked over what I did but I can't find where I made a mistake. Do y'all see something I dont?

19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    22 english_kings_huscarls
    1 1
    63 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/english_kings_huscarls_lod0.mesh 6400
    5 slave
    70 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/english_kings_huscarls.texture
    77 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/english_kings_huscarls_normal.texture
    47 unit_sprites/slave_english_huscarls2_sprite.spr
    8 scotland
    77 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/english_kings_huscarls_normal.texture
    4 merc
    5 slave
    74 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_kings_huscarls.texture
    81 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_kings_huscarls_normal.texture 0
    8 scotland
    81 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/textures/attachments_kings_huscarls_normal.texture 0
    4 merc
    4 None
    11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0
    19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

Blog Entries

Did you increase the model count at the top of modelDB?
    Attach the (compressed) trace log.

Moon's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by joscreven View Post
    Can someone assist with the below? I have followed the tutorial and thought I have done everything right but game crashes on start-up. I looked over what I did but I can't find where I made a mistake. Do y'all see something I dont?

19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    22 english_kings_huscarls
    1 1
    63 unit_models/_Units/anglo-saxon/english_kings_huscarls_lod0.mesh 6400
    5 slave
    8 scotland
    4 merc
    5 slave
    8 scotland
    4 merc
    4 None
    11 MTW2_2H_Axe 0
    19 MTW2_2H_Axe_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0
    Remove any lines you have added before this one, 22 english_kings_huscarls
    I'm a bit rusty with Total War and the BMDB but I think you need two spaces after the red 0's
    Does this Anglo-Saxon folder exist instead of using an underscore which is normally used?

In response to above.

Moon - I dont think it matters. I am using the Third Age Total War mod and all the data is like that and it ran fine before. There is no Anglo-Saxon folder.

Gigantus - I am a noob at modding and what you just said is greek to me. I see a file labeled "mdb" that maybe I should increase the unit count on? I didn't see anything about that in the initial tutorial. Also, attach the compressed trace log???

sorry I realized by modeldb you meant the battle_models sheet. Umm I increased the number for my entry going from 2 to 3 for each part. Is there a number at the top you have to add in?

and thank you for your help. It mean's a lot that people are still on here helping noobs years later.

also

Moon - there is an anglo-saxon folder after I did some digging I found it.

I tried deleting what I had inserted "scotland portions" and moving the entries back down to 2 from 3 and the game still won't open so I guess I royally F'd something up.

Blog Entries

My bad - ignore what I said, I had assumed it was a new unit entry, not a modified one.

Trace log - open the mod's CFG file (in the root folder of the mod) and check for this entry:

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

If it isn't present or different please change it, then save. Then start the game until it crashes. The log can be found in the medieval ii total war\logs folder - it will be big. Compress it (7Zip is freeware) together the modeldb, EDU and EDB file, upload it at a service (I use mediafire) and provide the link here.