Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    the problem is only for halfsize dds, 4096x2048 pixel, if I entered values for y2 in pixel, I would have this trouble:
    if I entered it as normal size pasted/added texture size would be not correct, doubled
    if I entered it as halved size added texture would have incorrect size, neither correct nor doubled, but a different one height size with no relations with all the other.
    so only way to edit correct values for y2 is to work in TU mode and not PU mode.
    Sorry, I had misunderstood a previous discussion we had. I'll fix the calculation.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.5.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 9 April)

Thanks fo your work Erasmus.

Can we edit the groupformations.bin in the next release ? It will be great and very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by bar07 View Post
    Thanks fo your work Erasmus.

Can we edit the groupformations.bin in the next release ? It will be great and very interesting
    Glad you like the PFM. In regards to groupformations.bin: maybe at some point. There was a guy who did some work on it for ETW. I may check with him.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.6 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 22 April)

Many thanks erasmus777

One small request or perhaps i can do it if it doesnt require too much brain power, Numbering unknown columns in particular for the NAval units tables, its just after weeks of testing ive 100% sussed out what does what in relation to ship movement and about 50% of how hull/sail/sinking damage is tweaked, but due to the tables immense size (100+ columns) i find it almost impossible to explain , some number system wd make a tutorial on the topic a little more accessible.

Not a major need i know just an idea an as i say if its pretty basic i can spend the time being the keyboard monkey an do it.

Cheers again....

EDIT: agreed on group formations would e a great thing to edit, stopping all the AI cav sitting behind there arty as sitting ducks would be my first move. Sinhuet is back btw.....

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.6 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 22 April)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
    Many thanks erasmus777

One small request or perhaps i can do it if it doesnt require too much brain power, Numbering unknown columns in particular for the NAval units tables, its just after weeks of testing ive 100% sussed out what does what in relation to ship movement and about 50% of how hull/sail/sinking damage is tweaked, but due to the tables immense size (100+ columns) i find it almost impossible to explain , some number system wd make a tutorial on the topic a little more accessible.

Not a major need i know just an idea an as i say if its pretty basic i can spend the time being the keyboard monkey an do it.

Cheers again....
    That's a good idea. I'm not sure when I'll have time to do it, but you could do it easily. Open DBFileTypes_0.txt, find unit_stats_naval and append the "unknown"s with a number. That's it.

wow that was a quick answer

roger that, sounds within my limited tech ability, il try an get it done this weekend an post a version on the end of this thread...

Cheerz.

Ok Eramus the fix for editing the Naval crew is working very well . TKX (I use the PFM 1.5.5 + the fix as I found a little problem with the new one : when tagging the "Use First Comumn As Row Header " All the rows disapear ..........
    Does this fix will enable to re import model_naval tables after correction ?

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Thanks Erasmus for your unremitting efforts in improving PFM and all the other tools.
    +rep
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Ok Eramus the fix for editing the Naval crew is working very well . TKX (I use the PFM 1.5.5 + the fix as I found a little problem with the new one : when tagging the "Use First Comumn As Row Header " All the rows disapear ..........
    Does this fix will enable to re import model_naval tables after correction ?
    Fixed row headers. As long as you've made the right changes with your hex editor, you can import without problems. But that was true before, so I imagine the problem is with the changes you're trying to make.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.7 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 23 April)

I see we can now preview XML with 1.5.7, just wondering, can we also edit the XML, I mean not in just in Notepad, but like a proper XML editor!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.7 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 23 April)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    I see we can now preview XML with 1.5.7, just wondering, can we also edit the XML, I mean not in just in Notepad, but like a proper XML editor!
    No, sorry. Just preview.

Is it possible to make it editable in future releases of PFM, like how you made the .fx files editable, is it possible to do the same for XML.

And another thing I would like, is it possible, for when I double click on a music mp3 file in PFM, can you automatically link that to Windows Media Player, or whatever ones main mp3 player is? Because its a pain extracting all the music within a certain part of a pack file.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Beale View Post
    Is it possible to make it editable in future releases of PFM, like how you made the .fx files editable, is it possible to do the same for XML.

And another thing I would like, is it possible, for when I double click on a music mp3 file in PFM, can you automatically link that to Windows Media Player, or whatever ones main mp3 player is? Because its a pain extracting all the music within a certain part of a pack file.
    I'll look into the mp3 files. I'm surprised it doesn't do this already. Actually, none of the text based files are editable at the moment. I've thought about making them editable, but I think it's more hassle than it's worth. Maybe down the road, but I've got so much to do, I have to prioritize based on what's important.

hello

when I try to open a pack file with manager it get error message

any help?

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Fixed row headers. As long as you've made the right changes with your hex editor, you can import without problems. But that was true before, so I imagine the problem is with the changes you're trying to make.
    Sorry still CTD when loading the game if I add something to the file models_naval in Hexa edition
    (( I just take the original model naval and add all the Xebec part taken from ETW : Nothing more ; just to see if the game load ; previous any modding ))

hi erasmus , im amazed that you managed to make a unit editor !!!
    i hope you can make a map/region editor as well , good luck !

Ahhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you are updating faster than I can mod ; I'm still late

I will try again this afternoon with the 1.5.7

Quote Originally Posted by kungfuserge View Post
    Sorry still CTD when loading the game if I add something to the file models_naval in Hexa edition
    (( I just take the original model naval and add all the Xebec part taken from ETW : Nothing more ; just to see if the game load ; previous any modding ))
    That is unrelated to PFM. E.g., they may have changed the table as they did for unit_stats_land and others. If so, trying to load an entry from ETW will result in a CTD. Or perhaps you're getting elements of another model.

Quote Originally Posted by D0MiNuS View Post
    hello

when I try to open a pack file with manager it get error message

any help?
    See this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...09#post7166309

1.5.7 is all kinds of bugged. Here's 1.5.6 while I fix it: http://rapidshare.com/files/37962190...TW156.zip.html