Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

Quote Originally Posted by lehanyo-test View Post
    Hi,

1st of all many thanks for all the tools Mods and help available from all of you.

I am "playing" with Pack File Manager v1.5.3.1
    I try to understand how to Mod NTW (the Empire Edition, the version of NTW sold with Elite Pack Regiment & Heros of the Napoeon Wars)
    I have the French version.

1)
    I do not understand the "extract" and edit process you mention.
    I extract the data I want to modify from patch2.pack (because data.pack and patch.pack are overwritten by patch2.pack as mention in this forum)
    but next enable to read or edit ...
    So here is

2)
    My way of using this super tool !!!
    May this is not the right way, but so far it is working (up to a certain point)

A)
    I make a copy of patch2.pack
    "A" is probably the source of your problem. For now, open your mod and right-click in the left window. Change the .pack type to "mod". See if that fixes your problem.

I assume you've already read my tutorial on creating a mod. In the future, start your process like this:

1. Create a folder called "extraordinaire_mod" or whatever you like.
    2. Open patch2.pack with PFM.
    3. Right-click on the tables you'd like to modify and "Extract" them to your new folder.
    4. After you've extracted all the file you want, click on "File>New" in PFM and select your new folder as the folder to make your mod relative to.
    5. Then add the tables you just extracted. Save your new .pack to the folder you created and start editing as described in the tutorial.
    Last edited by erasmus777; April 05, 2010 at 11:53 AM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I'm 99% positive you can do it. However, there are some irritating little things you have to keep your eyes on like capitalization. You also have to do more than just change the strings in the .unit_variant file. You need to copy and paste the texture from the old faction's .dds to the new one, define the location in the .atlas files, etc.

I'll consider breaking up the paths, but now that you can copy/paste even between different instances of PFM, moving long strings around is as simple as right-clicking.
    So how would I be able to transfer one faction's part to another? I need it to give the Prussians and Russians their hats.

And is it possible to add strings for plumes with units that originally don't have them?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    So how would I be able to transfer one faction's part to another? I need it to give the Prussians and Russians their hats.

And is it possible to add strings for plumes with units that originally don't have them?
    I have an idea of how it works, but you're better off asking maxsim666 in his tutorial thread as he's one of the guys who really understands it all.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Yes you can add plumes, and changing hats, what you should do is posted here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347507
    with new pfm by Erasmus is all simplest.
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Hi,

Thanks a lot "erasmus777" for your help.

I have followed your advises and the results are far more better than previously.

unit limit is working for exemple
    db
    units_tables
    units
    I have increased Inf_Elite_French_Old_Guard : Old Guard from 4 to 8
    and so on ...

So thanks a lot again

The only thing I have to do now is to check why I still cannot hire/recrut for France
    Art_Foot_Grand_Battery_Convention
    an artillery unit

1)
    limit was 1, limit changed to 4 for my test, value 4 accepted by the game)
    2)
    I replaced an Art_Foot_French_6_lber by an Art_Foot_Grand_Battery_Convention
    with esf editor
    in the game I can read 1 of 4 now istead of 1 of 1

(question ask in this forum few days ago)
    (Tech full and building full)
    No other unit (France England ...) is making me trouble, only this one.

Yes I know it is a strong and powerfull unit, even in a Mod !!!
    resistance is very high !!! But if this is working for other guy the problem must be "me" again !!! Oh Noooo

Thanks to all of you for your tools your Mods your helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lehanyo-test View Post
    Hi,

Thanks a lot "erasmus777" for your help.

I have followed your advises and the results are far more better than previously.

unit limit is working for exemple
    db
    units_tables
    units
    I have increased Inf_Elite_French_Old_Guard : Old Guard from 4 to 8
    and so on ...

So thanks a lot again

The only thing I have to do now is to check why I still cannot hire/recrut for France
    an artillery unit

1)
    limit was 1, limit changed to 4 for my test, value 4 accepted by the game)
    2)
    I replaced an Art_Foot_French_6_lber by an Art_Foot_Grand_Battery_Convention
    with esf editor
    in the game I can read 1 of 4 now istead of 1 of 1

(question ask in this forum few days ago)
    (Tech full and building full)
    No other unit (France England ...) is making me trouble, only this one.

Yes I know it is a strong and powerfull unit, even in a Mod !!!
    resistance is very high !!! But if this is working for other guy the problem must be "me" again !!! Oh Noooo

Thanks to all of you for your tools your Mods your helps.
    Have you checked to make sure you have the buildings and technologies required to recruit the unit?

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

What were you doing when you got the error?
    Erasmus I was editing variant and atlas and exactly I was enlarging columns size by dragging column edge/margin (maybe it is a problem with aero feature of windows vista/7?)
    I am not sure but it happens after a bit I work with variant and atlas, could it be because of memory needs to display dds and tga files?
    I will post as soon as they occurred new error messages with description of my contextual activity.
    I am italian and I not speak and write a good english so, please, tell me if I am not exact and so is difficult to understand me.

- Voloire -

Thanks a lot again "erasmus777" for your help.

about

Oh yes, twice yes unfortunatly,

Art_Fix_French_Rocket_Troop seems to be the "last kind of unit" to be hired/recruted regarding tech and building.
    I can get them but not this one

I check in db
    Art_Foot_Grand_Battery_Convention is "nearly" the same as any other Artillery unit and well define in various directory of the db file (as the other units)

It needs this building
    sCannon5_engineer_school
    as it is defined in
    db
    building_units_allowed_tables
    building_units_allowed
    and regarding tehnologies
    I managed to have them all (esf editor)

I will spend more time to find what is going wrong (with me or with my NTW configuration) and let you know.

I the mean time, thanks a lot.
    I can already do a lot more things than before.

Thanks

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Erasmus
    error while I was expanding column with mouse drag of column margin/edge in a unit_variant file, item was belt

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Erasmus
    error while I was expanding column with mouse drag of column margin/edge in a unit_variant file, item was belt
    Erasmus
    Thanks. I finally figured out the source of the out of memory exception--it's somebody else's fault for once . In your PFM folder, use the attached to replace the file of the same name. I'll include the fix in the next update.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Thanks. I finally figured out the source of the out of memory exception--it's somebody else's fault for once . In your PFM folder, use the attached to replace the file of the same name. I'll include the fix in the next update.
    Thanks Erasmus, always great you are

- Voloire -

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

bad news I replaced .dll files as above;
    after expanding columns size by mouse dragging in several unit_variant files, I opened an atlas file and expanded first column always by mouse dragging, clicked on string to edit it and same error message.
    Last edited by maxsim666; April 06, 2010 at 01:52 PM.

- Voloire -

bad news I replaced .dll files as above;
    after expanding columns size by mouse dragging in several unit_variant files, I opened an atlas file and expanded first column always by mouse dragging, clicked on string to edit it and same error message.
    Dagnabbit

I'll keep at it.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Yes you can add plumes, and changing hats, what you should do is posted here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347507
    with new pfm by Erasmus is all simplest.
    No, I mean like how is it possible to allow for a faction who doesn't have Hat A be able to wear it without graphic glitches.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

No, I mean like how is it possible to allow for a faction who doesn't have Hat A be able to wear it without graphic glitches.
    I apologize but I can't understand what you wish to tell.
    "Hat A" what does it means
    if you mean give a hat (eg: muslim hat) to a faction which does not has it in vanilla (eg. english cavalry), is quite simple.
    you must create, to not affect all units which are related to same prefixed set of atlas and dds files (eg. britain_colour_mask.atlas britain_colour_mask.dds britain_diffuse.atlas britain_diffuse.dds britain_gloss.atlas britain_gloss.dds britain_normal.atlas britain_normal.dds) a new set of atlas and dds prefixed as you wish (eg. myset_xxxxxxx.atlas myset_xxxxxxx.dds ..... .... .....)
    give same prefix to the unit_variant files you choose to mod.
    all this operations must be done out of pack files in a directory you use as workshop with same directory tree of the pack files.
    now you have to import all new prefixed files in your mod and with powerfull Erasmus PFM change in all the unit_variant (soldier, officer musician and standard_bearer) the entries about the old vanilla hats with the new one you wish your unit had.
    Once done with the unit_variant files you have to do the same with the four atlas files, take care to be exact in swap old hat with the new one, note the coordinate about such entry, with PFM now is childish game check the box up in pfm to pixel.
    Now there is the big work, in your favourite image editor you have to edit all the four dds, replacing the old vanilla hat with the new one. It must be done exactly, so take care to check coordinates!!!!!
    I made this little test with a fictional bengala lancers http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...2&d=1269100474 open and look in it for examples and more clarifications.
    cheers

- Voloire -

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.4 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 7 April)

update posted

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.4 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 7 April)

Why the new version of the program can not use the horizontal scroll bar to browse the data?
    Last edited by cirochen; April 07, 2010 at 11:10 AM.

♔KillZoneGB♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Just posting to say
    System
    Processor: i7 4820K Ivy E @ 4.4Ghz (Mild OC), MB Sabertooth X79
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Red 16GB DDR3-1600 Dual Kit (TBA to 64GB Quad 8X8GB)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 Phantom (TBA SLI Nvida xxx)
    Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by cirochen View Post
    Why the new version of the program can not use the horizontal scroll bar to browse the data?
    What data are you having trouble with? The scroll bars are working fine on my end. Can you post or attach a screen shot?

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi Erasmus
    grrrr again error while enlarging columns in atlas files
    great works the grid in dds

- Voloire -