Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

Default Pack File Manager 1.5.9 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 31 July)

[Since I'm doing most of the updating regarding the application changes, The Vicar and I decided that it made more sense if I had control of the OP.]

I've updated the PFM. The big news is that I've added the ability to edit .atlas and .unit_variant files. That means we can now create custom units much more easily, whether or not CA ever releases its editor.

Here's the list of current features and recent fixes in 1.5.6:

Features:

• Edits most database files.
    • Previews .tga, .dds, .txt, .lua, .h, .fx, .fx_fragment, and .battle_script files.
    • Edits .unit_variant and .atlas files, allowing modders to easily customize models and units.
    • Right-click copy and pasting is now enabled.
    • [1.5.4] Extracted .atlas files can be used to generate grid overlays for .dds textures. Overlays are saved as PNG files with transparency so they can be easily imported into an image editor as a new layer.
    • [1.5.5] The currently selected packed file now shows in the bottom status strip.
    • [1.5.5] Columns autoexpand to match string length in the .atlas and .unit_variant editors.
    • [1.5.6] Users may now export atlas and unit variant entries to TSV.
    • [1.5.7] Previews XML files.
    • [1.5.9] Thanks to -TopCat- I've added some addition column names.
    • [1.5.9] Previews .csv files.

Fixes:

• Bug that prevented some tables from being read has been fixed.
    • Miscalculation on .atlas file editor has been fixed.
    • Memory overflow exception when editing the .atlas file has been fixed. (I hope)
    • [1.5.3] Fixed save problem in .atlas and .unit_variant files.
    • [1.5.3.1] Fixed save problem in .unit_variant reference.
    • [1.5.4] .atlas file editor control now requires double click to edit cells. This makes it consistent with the .unit_variant editor.
    • [1.5.4] Warning added when "CA packs are read only" is unchecked.
    • [1.5.5] Columns autoexpansion in .atlas and .unit_variant editors seems to have solved the Out of Memory exception some users experienced with those controls.
    • [1.5.5.1] Fixed mesh/texture reference save problem in .unit_variant files.
    • [1.5.6] More work on the memory leak.
    • [1.5.6] Users may only rename one node before saving.
    • [1.5.6] Fixed error that prevented some tables from being read.
    • [1.5.7] Fixed problem with row headers not refreshing properly.
    • [1.5.9] Now reads patch 3+ unit_stats_land table.

• First and foremost, Matt Chambers (aka "LtChambers") is the primary author of this software. If anyone deserves credit, it is he.
    • just, who stepped in with some much needed help.
    • Zaitochisan and maxsim666, whose research into the .atlas and .unit_variant files has been so helpful.
    • SwissHalberdier. Lord Mongsworth, and all the others who have helped along the way.
    • The TWC community for attracting a bunch of really smart, creative gentlemen.
    • husserlTW and -TopCat- for the 1.5.9 update content.

Update Team:
    Erasmus777
    husserlTW
    The Vicar

Please include the full text of any error messages you receive. Thanks!

-->DOWNLOAD<--
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2791

Requires the .NET 3.5 Framework
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

BASIC TUTORIAL
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...60#post6920060
    Last edited by Squid; January 30, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.2 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 1 April)

You are a WiZZard !!!!!
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by kungfuserge; April 01, 2010 at 03:01 AM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.2 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 1 April)

When i try to change the Head ModelPart of the pavlosk grenadiers : head_austrian to
    head_austrian_wig i don't know why but i can't save the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by General William Howe View Post
    When i try to change the Head ModelPart of the pavlosk grenadiers : head_austrian to
    head_austrian_wig i don't know why but i can't save the changes.
    I see the problem. I'll post a fix later today.

Sorry for all the little bugs. I'm still learning.

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

Great work Erasmus!

Your changes to PFM have really been immensely helpful and made modding unit alot easier.

In previous version i got when scrolling fast through variant files using arrow keys, I presume its the memory overflow you fixed ....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I presume this was the atlas overflow error....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I see the problem. I'll post a fix later today.

Sorry for all the little bugs. I'm still learning.
    Thanks very much if you can fix this.

PS: Your new pack file manager is one of the greatest stuff here in napoleon total war

Civis

Thanks for this great tool - we appreciate the time you are spending on this

platinum's Avatar Foederatus

thanks man,you are great.
    God wills it

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi Erasmus
    very powerfull tool
    save lot of time in editing new units
    only two things:
    1) when double click in variant to copy and paste parts from one variant to another it does keep changes after saving: e.g. if I change in a foot unit variant VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Kilt/Base_Kilt/mesh to VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Long_Trousers/Base_Cavalry_Trousers/mesh it accept this change, but after saved mod, if I check it again it result VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Kilt/Base_Kilt/mesh again as I did not do any changes. While if I add a new mesh and texture reference it keeps them after saved mod. Version 1.5.1 kept such changes.
    2) could you make more visible what variant or atlas I am editing, or by highlited it, or by put on screen a tab or cell where I can read it. May be I am stupid but I could scarcely see in left panel which variant or atlas I am editing.
    Cheers, great work!
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    Hi Erasmus
    very powerfull tool
    save lot of time in editing new units
    only two things:
    1) when double click in variant to copy and paste parts from one variant to another it does keep changes after saving: e.g. if I change in a foot unit variant VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Kilt/Base_Kilt/mesh to VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Long_Trousers/Base_Cavalry_Trousers/mesh it accept this change, but after saved mod, if I check it again it result VariantModels/UnitParts/Euro/Legs/Kilt/Base_Kilt/mesh again as I did not do any changes. While if I add a new mesh and texture reference it keeps them after saved mod. Version 1.5.1 kept such changes.
    2) could you make more visible what variant or atlas I am editing, or by highlited it, or by put on screen a tab or cell where I can read it. May be I am stupid but I could scarcely see in left panel which variant or atlas I am editing.
    Cheers, great work!
    Hi maxsim666
    I've got the same bug , and erasmus are fixin it i've tryed to change the pavlosk grenadiers with this:
    austrian_head to austrian_head_wig and i have saved it but no changes .

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Hi maxsim666
    I've got the same bug , and erasmus are fixin it i've tryed to change the pavlosk grenadiers with this:
    austrian_head to austrian_head_wig and i have saved it but no changes .
    to avoid such bug I use old version 1.5.1 and save frequently to avoid frequent crashes affecting such version.
    cheers
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Zaitochisan's Avatar Civis

1. no 'row titles' column useful to have one in atlas too
    also would help to expand many column sizes and have them remembered between changing views of db
    you open say variants have to resize all columns to read then you need to refer to atlas there you resize go back to variant and lost previous resize so resize again....
    ah forgot what it said go back to atlas .......

2. x1(pu) y1(pu) x2(pu) y2(pu) odd behaviour when trying to expand column size

3. select entry in Atlas it vanishes .....cleared!!!! = no entry now

4. select entry in coord get:

************** Exception Text **************
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
    at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
    at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
    at System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
    at System.Convert.ToSingle(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToSingle(IFormatProvider provider)
    at System.Convert.ToSingle(Object value)
    at PackFileManager.AtlasFileEditorControl.<>c__DisplayClassc.<HandleCellEditFinishing>b__2(Object x, Object newValue)
    at BrightIdeasSoftware.OLVColumn.PutValue(Object rowObject, Object newValue)
    at BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.FinishCellEdit()
    at BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.PossibleFinishCellEditing()
    at BrightIdeasSoftware.ObjectListView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    ************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4200 (NetFxQFE.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PackFileManager
    Assembly Version: 1.15.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.15
    CodeBase: file:///C:/tools/PFM_1.52/PackFileManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/tools/PFM_1.52/Common.DLL
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ObjectListView
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.28879
    Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/tools/PFM_1.52/ObjectListView.DLL
    DevIL.NET
    Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
    Win32 Version:
    CodeBase: file:///C:/tools/PFM_1.52/DevIL.NET.DLL
    Last edited by Zaitochisan; April 02, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 2 April)

I've post 1.5.3, which contains fixes for everything other than the dim highlighting.
    Last edited by erasmus777; April 03, 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 2 April)

Excellent, you just created a new world in modding!!!! UP YOURS CA, you can't stop a community with a passion, and you defently can't stop a community with Erasmus777!!!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Nice work erasmus!!
    Now i can save as well but when i save i look if there are changes
    but it still to be head_austrian and i want it to change head_austrian_wig.
    Last edited by General William Howe; April 03, 2010 at 03:09 AM.

Nice work erasmus!!
    Now i can save as well but when i save i look if there are changes
    but it still to be head_austrian and i want it to change head_austrian_wig.
    Fixed.

agranel's Avatar Civis

Icon14 Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

Thanks!

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

When i try to change in the pavlovsk grenadiers : russian_infantry_trousers to early_trousers it seems
    to have a problem with the textures and the legs are white-transparent have i missed something.
    Thnks for help.
    GeHowe

Default Re: Pack File Manager 1.5.3.1 [Now edits .atlas and .unit_variant files] (Updated 3 April)

When i try to change in the pavlovsk grenadiers : russian_infantry_trousers to early_trousers it seems
    to have a problem with the textures and the legs are white-transparent have i missed something.
    Thnks for help.
    GeHowe
    I don't think that's a PFM problem. You may try asking in the texture forum.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I don't think that's a PFM problem. You may try asking in the texture forum.
    Yes i know that that isn't a pfm problem but i think i've do something wrong in writing the values
    i hope you can help me.

But it worked with the wigs and hat
    Thanks
    Best Regards
    GeHowe

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast