Valiant The Brave's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: RS2 Campaign Map

52508 income O_O

'They thought i was stupid but i proved them' Phillip J. Fry
    Futurama, mine favorite show!

Correction, It is now My Little Pony.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

The economy part of RS 2 is x3 so that's actually less than 20000 in income for the Dacian capital.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

vasiooo's Avatar Libertus

Ok tanks
    1 Sumum province is exacly whre coestoboci transmontani where place the capital was Patridava,The province may have the name Coestobocia Transmontana,the dacian city was not exacly located but it exist because was discribe by Ptolomeu III 8,3 .Sumum has no conexion wth that area because is a castrum west on the montains not east.http://soltdm.com/geo/arts/categs/dava.jpg

2 Buridava province is good ,but the Buridava was a tribal dava,the capital was at Argedava the capital of Burebista,and the place on your map fits this city.on the map is named Argedava (Popesti romania)http://vladenko.files.wordpress.com/...-burebista.jpg

3 Troesmis is a castrum after roman conquest ,and the most important dava in that area is Piroboridava(now Poiana Romania) ,and geografic it fith your place http://vladenko.files.wordpress.com/...-burebista.jpg
    4 Tomis was a greek city but it was not idependent in time when game starts ,he was a vasal to Bizant,The most powerful city that province had was Histrya where Danube meet Black Sea ,Anothere powerful city in 260 BC Was Callatis ,ho beet Bizant in aliance whit Histrya to capture Tomis from its possesion.
    The capital province in the game map could be Callatis or Histrya.http://www.agero-stuttgart.de/gifs/Aethic1.GIF

5 Naissus (today Nis Serbia) is put on the Tribalii tribe region(tracian tribe) ,Naissus could not be the capital because on your map would be south of
    Sigindum city on Morava river on the provice Moesia Superior, and apear as a roman city later not when game starts http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ns_267-269.jpg ,And you puted in today Bulgaria Plevna region,. In anthic time Tribalia, in roman time Moesia Inferior. The bigest city of that time and the capital in tribalii was Oescum ,and later was conquer by romans became a roman castrum where staid the legion V Macedonica.
    Even if Oescum was more closer to Danube that your capital on your game map is more proper to rename this because Naissus have no relation wth that region and that period of time.The city of Oescum was discribe in many antic records Plomeu, and Plinius the Elder,after the batles of tribalii tribe wth Filip II ,later wth celtic and romans .
    http://www.eliznik.org.uk/Bulgaria/h...n-tribes-m.htm this map is wth tracian tribes and the city are named after today names Oescu (montana)
    http://www.hipkiss.org/data/maps/j-m...7_2114_600.jpg this map is in roman time when Oescum(Oescus) was a castrum in Moesia inferior

I hope this will help you in rename of the regions wth the propers names ,in that period
    Last edited by vasiooo; April 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

Also, the city of Singidun (modern city of Belgrade, the capital of Serbia) should be located at the point where rivers Danube and Sava meet.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Ok, how does this look, and check the region names which I have exposed in each one by the city:

http://img718.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=picture002db.jpg

Appreciate your input.

As far as the location of Singidun....well, that's a problematic one. I would have to change 16 files just to move that a bit north east....I don't know.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Rex Basiliscus's Avatar Senator

I just pointed that out cause I'm quite fond of Belgrade... but if it's that much a work with it, then it isn't too big a problem...

xXEsotericXx's Avatar Biarchus

I hope i be still alive to be playing on this wonderfull 2.0

takes so long men omg
    "I think left but i write extreem right"
    - Esoteric -

:

well if you believe in ressurection you will be able to play version 2.0 in the next life

Crisia (not Crisana)-Docidava

Coestobocia Transmontana-Patridava

Triballia-Oescum{befor romans apear region was known as TRiballia after the tribe ho lived here,after was known as Moesia Superior,Triballia is more historical right}

Getia Superior-Argedava

Getia Inferior -Piroboridava {mikre scytia is unusual ,scytians never lived west of Prut river,here was the dacia/getians core of power in earli time(king Dromichete) and foward after conquest to IV sec AD ,Carpi tribe}

Donogetia- Histria {Scytia Minor was a roman name give after dacian power have die out,Donogetia is the old name before romans conquest Balkans and Dacia,in this region even if war to idependent greek city ,the region have a lot of strong dacan citys ,Dinogetia,Capidava,Muridava,Genucla etc,no single scityan town}

Dacia-Sarmizegetusa

The scytians before romans defeted dacians and bastarne leved est of Dniester river ,after arhiological discoveris, a few lived mixt wth Tyragetes(dacian tribe) and wth Bastarne in today Bassarabia but never was so powerful (roxolanii). After romans conquest sctyan power move west but never crosed Danube to the south and Prut river to the west.
    This are the names of the provinces ho fit the time when game starts ,and ho fits the arhiological discoveris
    The tows are corect remains the provinces to fix
    And congra for your mod great work ,the best mod ever,including map and all units.
    And Sigindum even if is not exact positionet is not far away of right placemant .

Quote Originally Posted by xXEsotericXx View Post
    I hope i be still alive to be playing on this wonderfull 2.0

takes so long men omg
    Well they said it's only 5 years away now, so i'm sure you can wait that long.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by vasiooo View Post
    Crisia (not Crisana)-Docidava

Coestobocia Transmontana-Patridava

Triballia-Oescum{befor romans apear region was known as TRiballia after the tribe ho lived here,after was known as Moesia Superior,Triballia is more historical right}

Getia Superior-Argedava

Getia Inferior -Piroboridava {mikre scytia is unusual ,scytians never lived west of Prut river,here was the dacia/getians core of power in earli time(king Dromichete) and foward after conquest to IV sec AD ,Carpi tribe}

Donogetia- Histria {Scytia Minor was a roman name give after dacian power have die out,Donogetia is the old name before romans conquest Balkans and Dacia,in this region even if war to idependent greek city ,the region have a lot of strong dacan citys ,Dinogetia,Capidava,Muridava,Genucla etc,no single scityan town}

Dacia-Sarmizegetusa

The scytians before romans defeted dacians and bastarne leved est of Dniester river ,after arhiological discoveris, a few lived mixt wth Tyragetes(dacian tribe) and wth Bastarne in today Bassarabia but never was so powerful (roxolanii). After romans conquest sctyan power move west but never crosed Danube to the south and Prut river to the west.
    This are the names of the provinces ho fit the time when game starts ,and ho fits the arhiological discoveris
    The tows are corect remains the provinces to fix
    And congra for your mod great work ,the best mod ever,including map and all units.
    And Sigindum even if is not exact positionet is not far away of right placemant .
    Ok, I have made all those changes and I am very grateful for your help here. We've also created a Dacian modfoldered campaign, so perhaps in the future after RS2 is released you can help with making that campaign a great one.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

50 cent : you find me in da cian ... Dacian ? Ok i leave

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Well they said it's only 5 years away now, so i'm sure you can wait that long.

Whell then im married and have a wife to play with all day

and total war rome II , so nvm

just cant wait, ill wait 1 more month
    - Esoteric -

:

Plesure was on my side to help a litlle to this fantastic mod.And if il recuyer a litle help for dacian modfolder campaing way not.
    Tanks a lott for your work and for this great mod.I hope next series of documentarys about historical batle il ut yours mod.

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Campaign Map Preview

Here are some pics of an AI campaign including some screenshots of AI legions. For those that aren't up to date with this, for RS2 the AI Roman legions (not the player's) are recruited using a script which basically spawns a legion when a cohort of that legion is recruited in a settlement (we've tried to keep these as close as possible to their historically documented regions).

some other shots showing some buildings and AI armies:

AI armies:

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

ohhhhhhhhhhh...cooooooooollllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

I'm confused regarding the "bonus(or penalty)" part on the buildings, do you simply have to build them and hope for the best, or is there a system in place to determine wich of the two you get?

Quote Originally Posted by illerkiller View Post
    I'm confused regarding the "bonus(or penalty)" part on the buildings, do you simply have to build them and hope for the best, or is there a system in place to determine wich of the two you get?
    Maybe it's positive if the building is the same culture as the faction that owns it, but say if the romans captured a gallic town, the gallic buildings would give negative happiness. I dont know though-that was just a wild stab in the dark.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

What? So every time the AI Romans build one cohort, they get an entire Legion? So if they build 6 cohorts they'll have 6 of the same Legions? But that's ludicrous :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    What? So every time the AI Romans build one cohort, they get an entire Legion? So if they build 6 cohorts they'll have 6 of the same Legions? But that's ludicrous :O
    Rome was ahead of it's time anyway , no complaining about there military area.

Btw great Preview cant wait till we all can download this great 2.0 RS
    - Esoteric -

: