Thread: 6.2 // 1.3 Rome VH/VH

Default 6.2 // 1.3 Rome VH/VH

So I started a Rome campaign, starting the ' middle ' campaign where the crusaders control your major cities. After a bad first start where I didn't know what to do I quickly started over this time with succes.

The nicean army + emperor went east and conquered all Turkish settlements up to their big central Fortress ( always forget this name , it's just north of the smaller Adana // Antioch )

The western armies took rhodes and crete, while losing durazzo. Here's it a hide and seek game with Venice, Norman Sicily and the Rebels. Still - conquering the major towns seems to be not far away.

The northeast Trebizond front is fighting a defensive war. Every two turns a half stack of turkish archers, foot and mounted, appears, no chance of going forward here. Holding my assests there is hard enough.

This start proved a challenge, but I'm a turn 20 now and by turn 30 I guess all of Greece-Anatolia-the islands will be mine. Still it's not as hard as I expected. What follows is stabilizing the western front. Taking defensive stance vs the Fatamids who are busy fighting Jerusalem and Crusades. Taking the Seldjuks, game over!

Either way it's been a great campaign this far, thanks to all modders!

Kulgan

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: 6.2 // 1.3 Rome VH/VH

Im still enjoying an early campaign but played this middle campaign in the past version with the Romans without Constantinople, I enjoyed it but like you found I reconquered the empire too quickly and easily.

Im thinking to mess about with the descr_strat when I play it in the future. The 3 successor states were not really allied or one nation and even went to war with each other at times. Im thinking of making Epirus and Trebizond rebels and leaving Nicaea as Romans. Maybe try to bribe or marry Epirus or Trebizond back into my faction but it will be much tougher with just Nicaea and maybe Smyrna.

A good game for the sadists amongst us is the Late game with just Constantinople and Morea against the Ottomans.

Default Re: 6.2 // 1.3 Rome VH/VH

Try with BGR4, much harder.